Udayakumara Ramakrishna B.N.(Ph.D. (Law), M.Phil., LL.M.)
Assistant Professor of Law Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Participated in the International Conference on "Modern Corporate Laws: Understanding the Dynamism Within and Beyond Legal Boundaries" organised by the GNLU Centre for Corporate & Competition Law during 5-6 October 2013 at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, India.
- Participated in the "GNLU International Conference on Trade & Competition Law" during 2-3 March 2013 at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, India.
- Participated in the National Conference on "Role of Legal Education in the Changing Economic World" organized by National Law University, Delhi & Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute and supported by DFAIT, Canada on 20th January 2013 at NLU, Delhi.
- Participated in the Half Day Round Table Conference on ?Addressing Child Malnutrition Issue in India: A need of the Hour? organized by Centre for Food Security & Agro Economy of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on 28th July 2012.
- Attended an inaugural lecture on "Competition, Economic Policy and Common Man" by Mr. Ashok Chawla, Chairman, Competition Commission of India, New Delhi, organized by Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration (SPIPA) in association with FICCI- Gujarat State Council on 22nd June 2012.
- Participated in a two-day International Seminar on "Journey of Women Empowerment: Miles to go" organized by the GNLU in collaboration with the Sayajirao Gaekwad Trust during 24-25 March 2012.
- Participated in the "Global Maritime Security and Anti-Piracy Conference" during 26-27 November 2011 organized by the University.
- Attended a National Workshop on "Legal Research Methodology" organized by the Institute of Law, Nirma University on 7 & 8 April, 2011.
- Attended a National Seminar on "Emerging Issues in the Indian Legal Industry: The Road Ahead", organised by the Gujarat National Law University on 5th September, 2010.
- Delivered a lecture on "Future Road-Map of Labour Legislations in India" at one-day National Workshop on Labour Laws in 21st Century, held on 20 March 2010 at Mahatma Gandhi Labour Institute, Ahmedabad.
- Attended a Lecture on "Role of the Gujarat High Court to the State and National Polity" by Hon'ble Justice C.K. Thakkar on 31 January 2010 organized by the High Court of Gujarat at Ahmedabad.
- Presented a paper entitled "Tribal Rights under ILO Law" at the one-day National Seminar on Rights of Tribals, held on 10 December 2005 at the school of International Studies, which was organized by the Centre for Promotion of Human Rights Teaching & Research, SIS, JNU in Collaboration with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, and the Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi.
- Participated in the Second International Law Conference of the Indian Society of International Law on 14-17 November 2004 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, India.
- Co-authored a review paper with Christoph Leixner titled, "Taxation in International Trade" in the Participants' Review (edition, 2004) of the International Trade Law Post-Graduate Course, 2004 of the University Institute of European Studies and the International Training Centre of the ILO, Turin, Italy, pp.269-282.
- Presented a paper entitled "Right to Strike in India and International Labour Law" at the one-day National Seminar on Human rights in the Contemporary World held on 10 December 2003 at the School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
Training Programme(s) Attended :
- Participated in the UGC sponsored Orientation Programme at Academic Staff College, University of Madras, Chennai during 5th November 2013-2nd December 2013.
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- International Law
- Law of Antitrust & Competition
- WTO Law
- International Labour Standards
- International Business Law
- Law of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Faculty Member, Editorial Board of the Developing World Review on Trade and Competition (Bi-annual Journal).
- Associate Member of the Indian Society of International Law (ISIL), New Delhi.
Other Accomplishments :
- Delivered two lectures on 'Introduction to International Contract's on 22nd November 2014 at a Certificate Course on International Contracts organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar in collaboration with ONGC Research Scholarship during 21 - 23 November 2014.
- Delivered lectures on International Law course of M.A. programme offered by the School of International Studies of the Central University of Gujarat Gandhinagar during January - May 2014.
- Chaired a session on Judicial Accountability and Independence of Judiciary in "First Gujarat Law Colleges Conference on Constitutional Law" jointly organized by the Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar and the Commissionerate of Higher Education, Government of Gujarat, Gandhinagar on 26th February 2012.
- Completed International Trade Law Post-Graduate Course (2004 Edition) jointly organised by the University Institute of European Studies and the International Training Centre of the ILO, Turin, Italy.
- Represented India in the United Nations Regional Fellowship Programme in International Law for Countries from Asia held at Bangkok, Thailand, from 25 October to 05 November 2005, organised by the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), Geneva, and the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs, New York in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand.
- Invited as a judge at the 8th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2008, organized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) & the Indian Society of International Law (ISIL), New Delhi, India
Last Updated : 05-03-2015