Udapudi Shobhalata V.(Ph.D. (Law), LL.M., M.Sc.)
Professor of Law Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : email@example.com
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- A workshop on 'Proteomics, Biomarkers and Diagnostics - From Basic Research to Biomedical Application' was convened by Regional Centre for Biotechnology - RCB, New Delhi, jointly with UNESCO, from 21st October to 25th October 2013. On 23rd post lunch was scheduled the interactive session for the faculty of RCB to discuss their understanding and challenges of Patent Law for the Biotech work they were doing. On the 24th October, I presented the paper on 'Patent Aspects for Biotechnology Inventions - Traditional and Modern Biotechnology'. 37 Scientists across the country, the faculty of RCB, including its Director- Dr Salunke and Mr Raghvan. S.- JointSecretary in the Dept of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology New Delhi, were the audience. The talk and the question session were till 12.30 noon. It was well appreciated.
- At the 2013 Hague Academy of International Law External Course "Stability and Change in the Law of the Sea: Challenges in the 21st Century" delivered a lecture on "The International regime of Marine pollution" on Friday, 08 November 2013. The same was well appreciated.
- A Two-day Programme on International Humanitarian Law by United Nation High Commissioner for Refugee (UNHCR) and International Red Cross Committee (ICRC) at Chennai on 30th and 31st March 1998.
- A Five-day Programme on International Refugee Law by United Nation High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Committee for Humanitarian Law and Refugees Law (ICHLR) at Pune from 14th to 18th April 1998.
- An ASC Programme by National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore, UGC, MOEF World Bank from the 22nd October to 11th November, 1998.
- An ATP Programme by National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore, UGC, MOEF, World Bank on October 30th and November 20th 2000.
- A Workshop on Public "Service Lawyering: Scope and Space for Environmental Advocacy" by NLSIU, Bangalore and Centre for International Environmental Law (CIEL), Washington DC, USA. On 16th and 17th November, 2000.
- A Five day Teachers Training Programme on International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law by Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT) Cochin, International Red Cross Committee (ICRC) and United Nation High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) from 27th to 31st August 2001.
- A Two day Environmental Law Sensitisation Programme for College teachers by CEERA at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore and University College of Law, Dharwad on 7th and 8th August 2003.
- Workshop on 'Copy Right Law' by S.D.M. Law College, Mangalore and Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Two day participated in the Western Region Law Teachers Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights at V. M. Salagoacar College of Law, Miramar, Panaji, Goa, on 8th and 9th October 2004.
- One day Symposium on Human Rights & Democracy, at University Law College, Dharwad on 24th March 2005.
- Shivaji University Kolhapur, Dept. of Law, 3 days National Seminar on "Human Rights & Vidhi Mela - 2005, sponsored by University Grant Commission on 23rd to 25th September 2005.
- National Seminar on "Rethinking of Legal Education", sponsored by Shri.Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College and Centre for Post Graduate Studies in Law, Mangalore on 16th September 2006.
- National Seminar on Law of 'Intellectual Property Rights' on 23rd and 24th August 2003 at G.R.Kare College of Law, Goa in collaboration Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Presented a paper on Law of 'PATENTS'.
- Attended Annual conference of the Indian Society International Law at New Delhi. Presented a paper on "Road to Doha and Beyond".
- National Workshop on Womens Rights on 14th & 15th October 2006 by National Human Rights Commission New Delhi and University College of Law & P. G. Dept. of Law, Karnataka University Dharwad. As a resource Person.
- Burn update 2006, 7th October 2006 as resource person for "Medico - Legal aspects of Burns" Organised by KLE Society's Academy of Higher Education and Research Belgaum, Department of Plastic Surgery and Department of General Surgery, J.N. Medical College & KLES Hospital & MRC Belgaum.
- Workshop cum Training programme on RTI Act on 23rd & 24th Nov 2006, organized by Regional Commissioner, Belgaum Division, Belgaum. As a Resource Person, presented a paper on "RTI as a tool for empowerment".
- Workshop on patient safety : Right Documentation, organized by KLE Society's Institute of Nursing Science, Belgaum. As a Resource person presented paper on "Legal Responsibilities Regarding Documentation."
- Chaired sessions at National Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights at KLE Society's G.K.Law College, Hubli, sponsored by Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, New Delhi, 27th and 28th August 2006. The resource person for the said seminar which was Chaired are as follows :- Dr. David Ambrose, Dr. Gopal Dabade, Shri. Murlidhar Khadalikar etc.
- National Workshop on "Legal Research Methodology",7 - 8 May 2011, Nirma Institute of Law, Ahmedabad
- Refresher course / Seminar / Symposium / Conference attended and participation in International Conference along with paper presentation at the same.
- Participated and presented a paper at the Third International Conference on Aviation and Space Law organized by McGill University jointly with Delhi National Law University, New Delhi, was received on 28th September 2011. The conference was scheduled for 4th to 6th December 2011. It is postponed to 25th to 29th April 2012, at the instance of McGill University. An article and presentation titled "Space Debris - A Legal Challenge" submitted and has been accepted both for Presentation and Publication.
- Participated at the "International Conference" convened by United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP), UNESCO and CEE (Centre for Environmental Education) at Ahemadabad from 18th to 20th January 2005.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
Training Programme(s) Attended :
- A One Day Workshop on "Environmental Health and Safety" for Industry Managers, R&D Management, Marketing Managers, Supply Chain Management and EHS Management, organized by Environmental Law Institute- ELI Washington DC, Indus Institute of Technology and Engineering, Ahmedabad, and Gujarat State Ministry of Environment, at the Indus Institute Ahemdabad, on 24th January 2011. I was the resource person. The lecture was on "The Health and Occupational Hazards - Environmental Issues".
- Has been a resource person and delivered two lectures; on "Over View of Environmental Law-National, International and Implementation "dated: 29/07/10 , 4th Five - day police Training Programme, organized at Gujarat Police Academy ,Karai ,Gandhinagar between 27-31 July,2010 The said training programme was jointly organized by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India) and Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.It was attended by Police Officers (of different ranks) of the state of Gujarat.
- Resources Person for Environmental Law on the topic "Environmental and Occupational Health and a Safety Compliance and Legal Context" at the workshop held at Indus Institute of Technology and Engineering of Gujarat University, Ahmedabad Jointly with Environmental Law Institute, Washington DC on 24th January 2011.
- Workshop on Research Proposal Writing on 18th September 2007 conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Participated in Indo American Summit 2009 at Bangaluru Chancelary Pavilion on the 13th and 14th November 2009 and Interacted with the American Institutes interested in having collaboration with Indian Institutes. The Institutes which could be co-worked are Widener Institute Delaware, Sacred Heart Institute, Alaskan University and St Louis Institute.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Achieving Sustainable Development an Utopian dream'
- "Right to Education for Women" - ULC Dharwad + NHRC
- "IPR and Indirect Tax"- Article published in the April 2012 issue of EIJMMS. This journal is online on 15th April 2012, having an online ISSN number: 2249-8834
- Article published in the interdisciplinary Journal "Capitalism v. New Capitalism" published in the May 2012 issue of EIJMMS. The online ISSN number is 2249-8834
- Article titled "Information Technology Act: A critique", published in the May 2012 issue of ZIJBEMR bearing online ISSN No. 2249 8826.
- "Outer Space Colonisation; Outer Space Tourism" by Dr Shobhalata.V.Udapudi and Ms. Soma Bhattacharjya in Current Developments in Air and Space Law ISBN: 978-81-923638-4-4.
- "Report and Material on Major Environmental Problem in Belgaum Area". Study of the Sewage problem in Belgaum. Agglomeration & making some suggestions. October 1998.
- Report on Environmental Problem in Begaum: Air Pollution with special emphasis on vehicular pollution. Study of Air pollution and vehicular pollution and its health hazards October 2000.
- Group Publication of Gujarat National Law University, joint Article by Mr F.S.Sakkarnaikr, Asst Prof GNLU, on the Topic Environmental pollution, Occupational hazards and Health Safety. (Development at what cost and whose suffering)
- Article on "Environmental pollution, Occupational hazards and Health Safety". Environmental Law Institute (ELI), Washington. D. C. in November 2008.
- Chapter in the Book by Dr. Ramesh V. Reader Dept of Law, University of Mysore, titled "The Debate of Religion and Law -The Anti Conversion Act of Gujarat."
- National Workshop on Womens Rights on 14th & 15th October 2006 by National Human Rights Commission New Delhi and University College of Law & P. G. Dept. of Law, Karnataka University Dharwad. As a resource Person. Paper on "Right to Education - With special reference to Women". With the help of decided cases The Right to education especially for girls was discussed. The Article was published in a book form.
- The Vice Chancellor of VEER NARMAD SOUTH GUJARAT UNIVERSITY, SURAT, has appointed me to act as an External Referee to assess the Thesis submitted by a candidate for the Ph.D Degree. The topic of the thesis is "Registration of Domain Name as Trademark: A Study". The thesis has been assessed and the Report has already been sent to the University for further processing. The viva for the same, was held on 17th March 2012, as per my convenience.
- The Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF), Singapore, is conducting its Annual International Conference on Law, Regulation and Public Policy (LRPP - 2012) at Singapore from 9th to 10th July 2012. I have been placed as a member of the Programme Committee i.e. Member of LRPP Technical Programme Committee (TPC). As part of the Technical Program Committee for LRPP 2012, am required reviewing papers depending on the schedule and the area of research interest/expertise.
- IN PROCESS: IMPACT OF TRIPS ON MEDICINE AND MY HEALTH - INDIA AND OTHER DEVELOPING COUNTRIES, article submitted to Dr Mamata Biswal, for the journal (DWRTC). Awaiting reply from the concerned members.
- An article titled "IPR and Space - Legal Challenges" was submitted to ITM Law School, ITM University, Gurgaon, for its Journal ITMU Law Review. Awaiting communication from the University. The Institute is awaiting the final formality of the registration of the journal to be completed.
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Environmental Law
- Sustainable Development
- Intellectual Property Law Special emphasis on Patent Law and Bio Technology
- Member of Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi
- Member of International Law, Indian Chapter
Research Projects / Article Papers
- Under the GLEP, The Fifth All Gujarat Law Teacher's Training Programme, conducted by GNLU, on the 19th November 2011, and was a Resource person. The topic of my presentation was "Sustainable Development and Human Rights".
- Under GLEP, The Second Day of The Training Programme for NET/SLET was conducted on 25th September 2011 and my subject was "Environmental Law".
- "Invited to the Veera Narmada South Gujarat University as an External Expert for conducting the Viva for the Dissertation for the Final year LL.M students. Attended the same on the 16th July 2011 at the above said university."
- Was a resource person for the CLAT Coaching Session on Friday 6th May, 2011 from 1700 hrs - 1800 hrs. The subject is Logical Reasoning. The venue is Gujarat National Law University premises.
- Done her Doctoral Studies from Veera Narmada South Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat. Under the able intellectual guidance of Dr. Vikram Desai, Siddarth Law College, Kamarej. Dist: Surat, Gujarat. Her Subject/Scope of Research was "Achieving sustainable Development and Human Rights-Legal Aspects".
- Prepared a Report on "Major Environmental Problem in Belgaum Agglomoration" on October 1998 Having a Coordinator a Medical Expert Dr. P. V. Patil, Dept. of Pathology, J.N.M.C.Belgaum, Legal Assistance by Neeta Potdar, Advocate and with the students Asmita Pawar, Priya G., Kiran Tarale. Conducted a Study of the Sewage problem in Belgaum. Agglomeration & making some suggestions. Report presented and accepted as model report.
- Sustainable Development as Culmination of Evolving Human Rights. February 2000.Guided by Late: - Prof. N .R. Deshpande. Study of sustainable Development and Human rights with some reflective conclusion. Thesis submitted and accepted.
- Carried on a Research on Environmental Problem in Belgaum Air Pollution with special emphasis on vehicular pollution. October 2000. Co-ordinated by Ms. S. V. Udapudi. With Medical Expert Dr. P. V. Patil, Dept. of Pathology, J.N.M.C.Belgaum. Study of Air pollution and vehicular pollution and its health hazards Thesis submitted and accepted.
Other Accomplishments :
- Dr. Shobhalata V. Udapudi was officially registered as the Faculty Adviser of the Team Representing GUJARAT NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY and participating in the 2011 Leiden-Sarin International Air Law Moot Court Competition held at Dubai in collaboration with Dubai Civil Aviation Ministry. The team representing GUJARAT NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY came 5th out of 10 participating international teams, with the score of 506,50 points.
- The abstract on 'Environmental Issues of the Aviation Industry' has been accepted for the forthcoming 'Air and Space law Newsletter.' Center for Air and Space law (CASL) at NALSAR, Hydrabad.
- As a faculty Coach / Faculty Advisor for the 2nd International Air Law Moot Competition organized by Leiden University, Sarin Memoria Legal Aid Foundation, The Dubai Civil Aviation and the Dubai Courts, coached the team for both the National and International rounds. The National rounds were held at Chandigarh and four Indian teams, one of which is GNLU, qualified for the International rounds. At the International rounds with six International teams, GNLU received a special mention as one of the five Best teams.
- Was appointed External Examiner for conduct of the Viva- Voce for the second year LL.M students appearing at the Institution affiliated to the Veera Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat. The Viva was held in the month of July 2010. The same was in 2009 also.
- Dr. Shobhalata V. Udapudi, the Initiator and Instrumental in the creation and establishment of the KLE Society's Law Academy, having under its umbrella the KLE Society's 5 Law Colleges. The first gala event under the Law Academy was the First National Law Fest - 2006 under the leadership of Dr. Shobhalata V. Udapudi and staff.
- Apart from the Academic involvement and activities the following are the administrative responsibilities shouldered;
- Enrolled as the Lady Life Member of the K.L.E. Society, Belgaum, dated 13th February 2004.
- Appointed as Joint Secretary of Board of Management, K.L.E. Society, Belgaum, order dated 11th February 2005.
- Appointed as Member Secretary for the following Committees.
- Results Review Committee, Legal Committee, Committee to review the maters pertaining to Pharmacy, BPT and Nursing Institutions.
- Member of the Governing Body of K.L.E. Society's G.A. Composite Pre-University College, Belgaum from 12th June 2005.
- Promoted as Principal B.V.Bellad Law College, vide the Society's Resolution.
- Promoted as Reader cum Principal, B.V. Bellad Law College. Belgaum.
- Assisted in the conduct of entrance test, interviews and short listing of various candidates seeking employment in KAHE - KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research, Deemed University, Belgaum.
- Worked as squad member to visit all 5 test centres in Belgaum on 28th May 2006 for COMED-K conducting UGET - 2006.
- From 15th October 2007, Till the 3rd of Novemeber 2008 functioned as Incharge Director of Gujarat National Law University and Nominated as member to Academic Council by former director Dr. V.S. Mani.
Last Updated : 05-03-2015