Tyagi Divya(LL.M., LL.B.)
Assistant Professor of Law Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : email@example.com
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Presented a paper titled "Whose business is this business": UN brokered marriage between Business and Human Rights at the "National Seminar on UN @ 70: Urgent Need for Reforms to Retain Vitality and Relevance in the Ever Changing World" organized by the Centre for Foreign Policy and Security Studies, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on February 19-20, 2016 (Co-author).
- Presented a paper titled "Potential Instrumentality of Companies Act 2013 for Women Empowerment: An Ambitious Beginning" in National Seminar on 'Women Empowerment in India in 21st Century: A journey Just Begun', organized by Anand Law College, Anand, Gujarat on 8th March 2016. [Co-author].
- Co-authored a paper titled "Social Media and Crime Against women" presented in the National Seminar on 'Women and Law: Challenges and Legal Succour' organized by University School of Law and Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi on 8th March 2016.
- Presented a paper titled "Inhumane Transnational Corporations in the Era of Human Rights: Complexities and Elusiveness of the Regulatory Regime" in UGC sponsored National Seminar on "New Dimensions of Law in 21st Century" conducted by University School of Law, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat on 17th-18th January 2015.
- Presented a paper titled "Reddening of Green Forests: Naxal Menace, Indian Response and the Way Ahead" in the Second National Conference on Law and Justice organised by School of Law, Auro University on 27-28 September 2014.
- Presented a paper titled "War of Terror" vs. "War on Terror" in the Era of Human rights: Strike the just Balance for Indians in Two day "International Conference on Contemporary Issues and Challenges of Human Rights in the Era of Globalization" organised by Gujarat Law Society, Ahmedabad, on 2nd - 3rd August 2014.
- Coordinator of One day National Conference on "Strengthening Participatory Democracy and Good Governance" (Pre-Summit Event of the Vibrant Gujarat National Education Summit 2014 'Towards Educating Young India') on 5th January, 2014 organised by Gujarat National Law University in Collaboration with Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat, Government of Gujarat.
- Coordinator of GNLU International Conference on "Modern Corporate Laws: Understanding The Dynamism" - Within & Beyond The Legal Boundaries organinsed on on 5th & 6th October 2013.
- Took one session as a resource person on Corporate Law and Economics on 1st September as part of 2nd Edition Certificate Course on Law and Economics conducted by GNLU from 30th August - 6th September 2013.
- Presented a paper titled Accountability of Auditors in Post-Satyam India: Plugging the Regulatory Loopholes in two-day National Seminar on "Role of Regulatory Agencies in Developing Business Laws in India" organized by National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi on 7th & 8th September, 2013.
- Presented a paper titled organized NBI-PNB Merger: Inhuman Treatment of Human Resource in Conference on "International Banking & Finance: Issues, Challenges & Solutions" organized by GNLU Center for Banking Investment & Taxation, Gujarat National Law University, on 22nd July 2012.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Participated in the "Two Days National Workshop on Ethical Issues and Use of Anti Plagiarism Tools for Research Integrity" held at INFLIBNET Centre, Gandhinagar on 29-30 April, 2015.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- "Irretrievable Breakdown of Marriage as a ground of Divorce: Time for Parliament to Intervene", Indian Bar Review, Vol. XXXVI, 2009, 125-142.
- "Socio-Economic Rights in India - Democracy Taking Roots", Journal of Law and Politics in Africa, Asia and Latin America, 42 (2009) 527-551. [co-author]
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Corporate Law
- Human Rights
- Environmental Law
- Indian Society of Victimology
Last Updated : 19-04-2016