Girish R.(PhD (Pursuing), LLM, LLB, B.A., UGC-NET)
Assistant Professor of Law Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Paper(s) Presented :
- Presented a Paper on Fundamental Rights and Human Rights in the National Seminar on 'Human Rights and Social Harmony' held on 23rd and 24th May,2008, at Bangalore University, Organised by Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development.
- Participated in the 'First Summer School on Implementation of Social and Economic Rights' held at CDS between 12-19 August 2005, organised by Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy Training in Association with Common Wealth Legal Education Association
- Presented a Paper on Bio Diversity and Food Security in the Seminar on the theme 'Environmental Policy Legislation and Enforcement' as part of the Global Eco Meet held between February 20-25, 2005, Organised by Swadeshi Science Movement.
- Participated in the 'International Interdisciplinary Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights: Global and National Perspectives' Organised by Department of Law, University of Kerala on February 20-22, 2003.
- Presented paper on Biotechnology and Legal Regulation at Commonwealth Legal Education Association South Asia Regional Conference held from December 28 to 30 of 2002.
- Participated in the one day workshop on 'Justice Education' on 6th January 2002, organized by Global Alliance for Justice Education and Indian Society of Advocacy Skills.
- Participated in the National Seminar on 'Law Reform: An Agenda for the 21st Century' organised by the Department of Law, University of Kerala on February 27and 28, 2000.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Published an Article on The Right to Food vis-a-vis Human Rights in the book 'Human Rights -A Reader', SCAAN Publications (P) Ltd,2007
- Contributor for the book 'Criminal Justice India Series, Volume 6, Kerala,2001', published by Allied Publishers Private Limited in Collaboration with National University of Juridical Science, Kolkata.
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Administrative Law
- Constitutional Law
- Commercial Law
- Environmental Law
- Information Technology law
- Intellectual Property law
- Media Law
- Procedural Laws
- Joint Secretary, Commonwealth Legal Education Association South Asia India Chapter
- Member, Commonwealth Legal Education Association
Work Experience :
- He has four years of experience as a Practicing Lawyer at Trial Courts, Tribunals like the Consumer Forums. He had been the Counsel for Municipalities before Local Self Government Tribunal.
Last Updated : 05-03-2015