Pandya Viral(PhD, MBA, BE, UGC-NET (Management))
Deputy Dean Academic Affairs & Associate Professor of Management Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : email@example.com
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Paper(s) Presented :
- "KCG: The Gujarat Government's initiative to achieve excellence in the State higher education" at the Third International Conference on "Gujarat Model of Governance: Lesson & Future Scope" ICGS-2015 organized by Centre for Governance Systems, Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad in Collaboration with Yunnam Minzu University, Kunming, China during 25-26 April, 2015 at GTU, Ahmedabad.
- "Socially Responsible Investment: Lessons from leading Environment Funds" at ICGS2014, GTU-CGS 2nd International Conference on "Corporate Governance:Contemporary Issues & Challenges in Indian Economic Environment" during March 14-15, 2014 at Gujarat Technological University, Gandhinagar.
- "Comparative analysis of development of SMEs in developed and developing countries" at The 2012 IBSM International Conference' on Business and Management during 6-7 September 2012 at Phuket, Thailand.
- "Analyzing Sustainability and Effectiveness of SHGs: A Case study of Ahmedabad district" at UGC sponsored National conference on Finance during March 24-25, 2012.
- "Microfinance in India: Concept, analysis and issues" at Indian Conference for Management 2011 organized by S.K.Patel Institute of Management, Gandhinagar during March, 2011.
- The Environment of Rural Market: Study of North Gujarat at Third National Conference on Management Science and Practice 2008, at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad during March, 2008.
- Performance Measurement of Oil & Gas firm: the Balanced Scorecard Perspective at International Conference on Management of Petroleum Sector, at Institute of Petroleum Management at Gandhinagar during December, 2007.
- Microfinance and its effective governance at international conference on Management Science and Arts at Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar during September, 2008.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Attended one-week Faculty Development Programme organized by GNLU from 16th to 21st May 2016 at GNLU - Gandhinagar.
- Completed 'Six Months Certificate Course on Corporate Law (Online) July - December 2015' from School of Corporate Law, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs.
- Attended One Week National Faculty Development Program on 'Introductory Econometrics with Modern Approach' organized from 18th January to 24th January, 2016 at Gujarat Technological University, Chandkheda, Gandhinagar.
- Attended one-week Faculty Development Programme organized by GNLU from 2nd to 7th November 2015 at GNLU - Gandhinagar.
- Attended CII - CAP Training Workshop for CSR Teams on Friday, 20 March 2015 at L & T Knowledge city, Vadodara.
- Attended one day workshop on "Corporate Social Responsibility Challenges for Research & Practice" on Feb 10, 2015 at IIM Ahmedabad.
- Attended 80th Orientation course at Academic Staff College, Gujarat University from 30th October till 26th November, 14.
- Participated in the Capacity Building Workshop on 'Role of Legal Stakeholders in Strengthening and the implementation of the Biological Diversity Act with Special Focus on ABS Provisions' organized jointly by GNLU, UNEP-GEF-MoEF and Gujarat Biodiversity Board at GNLU on 27th September, 2014.
- Attended Half Day Seminar on Securities Law and Capital Market on 6 February,14 organized by The ICSI-Centre for Corporate Governance, Research and Training (CCGRT), Navi Mumbai at GNLU, Gandhinagar.
- Attended one day seminar on 'Legal aspects of Purchasing and Contracts Management' at AMA - Ahmedabad on 28th October 2013.
- Organized the Certificate Course on 'Management of NGO' which was a 14 hour programme spanning from 10th September 2013 to 13th September 2013 at the GNLU Campus.
- Attended UGC sponsored National conference of "Financial Markets & Corporate Governance: Emerging Trends, Issues and Challenges" during March 24-25, 2012 organized by S.K.School of Business Management Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University Patan at Mahatma Gandhi Labour Institute, Ahmedabad.
- Attended one day workshop of "Human Development Report on Kheda District" on 25 February, 2011.
- Participated in "All Gujarat Law Teacher's Training Program" jointly organized by Commissionerate of Higher Education, Education Department (Government of Gujarat, Gandhinagar) and Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on 29th December 2010.
- Participated in conference on "Human Resource Management and Entrepreneurship" during January, 09 at Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Attended one day seminar on "Research Methodology in Management" at L.D.R.P. Institute, Kadi University, Gandhinagar during March, 09.
- Attended one day seminar on "Positive attitude and Creative leadership" by Mr. B.N.Dastoor at Gujarat National Law University on 11 May'2009.
- Attended one day workshop on "7 habits of highly effective people" by Mr. Suresh Patel at Gujarat National Law University.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- "KCG: The Gujarat Government's initiative to achieve excellence in the state higher education", Gyanodaya: The Journal of Progressive Education, Vol 8/No 2/ Jul - Dec 2015, ISSN 0974-1801.
- "India's CSR Law: At a glance", Global journal for research analysis, Volume - 4, Issue - 8, ISSN No - 2277-8160.
- "Socially Responsible Investment: Lessons from leading Environment Funds", Corporate Governance:Contemporary Issues & Challenges in Indian Economic Environment (2014), ISBN - 978-93-5122-000-8.
- Food Security Law: Interdisciplinary perspective, Assistant Editor , Eastern Book Company (2014), ISBN: 93-5145-026-0.
- "Analyzing sustainability and effectiveness of SHGs: A case study of Ahmedabad district", Anarta - The journal of Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan (Gujarat), Vol. 14 (1): Jan - Mar. 2013, ISSN: 2229-4376.
- "Comparative analysis of development of SMEs in developed and developing countries", The 2012 IBSM International Conference' on Business and Management Proceedings (Phuket - Thailand, 6-7 September, 2012). Published by CAAL, ISBN No: 978-602-19725-0-2.
- "Analyzing Indian Food Supply Chain: Traditional And Modern Perspective"; International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Research; Dec-31 2011 - vol. 1-1
- "Economic Reforms And India's Foreign Trade: Expedition Of Economic Stability"; International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Research ; Dec-31 2011; vol. 1-1
- "Microfinance and its effective governance"; Yojana (Gujarati); Issue - 12; ISSN - 0971 - 8400; Vol: XXXV; no. XII March 2009.
- "Microfinance as a tool for poverty reduction: Historical perspective and development"; The Mass - Vol. 01; ISSN - 0975 - 198X; Nov. 09.
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Micro Finance
- Strategic Management
- Invited as a Resource Person in the Training Workshop on 'Young Women Social Entrepreneurship Development Programme' organized by GNLU Centre for Law and Society (GCLS) in collaboration with British Council and Diageo on 1 September 2015 at GNLU - Gandhinagar.
- Conferred with the "Excellent Faculty Award" by Gujarat National Law University for the year 2011 - 2012.
- Member: Executive Council of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, India.
- Member, Editorial Review Committee of PG Research Centre for Financial Services, Gujarat Technological University (GTU), Ahmedabad.
- Represented GNLU at Discussion with Dr. M Lachemi, Provost, Ryerson University, Canada for exploring opportunitiesinter university collaboration on 22 January 2014 at Hotel Courtyard Marriott, Ahmedabad
- Represented GNLU at Discussion on Academic Exchange Program of Students and Faculties between India and Australia on 3 January, 2014 at BCI, Delhi.
- Invited as a "Session Chair" on 'SME sector at 'The 2012 IBSM International Conference' on Business and Management held in Phuket Thailand, 6-7 September 2012.
- Invited as a Resource Person in Panel Discussion on 'Promoting Professionalism in Prison Management' in Vertical Interaction Course for Prison Officers on 16 November 2011 organized at GNLU - Gandhinagar.
- Nominated as an interview panelist for the post of project officer at Gujarat Council of Science and Technology, Gandhinagar.
- "Financial Education Resource Person" appointed by SEBI - NISM'S.
- Invited as Judge at Management event - TECHNOASPIRE '10, at Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Chandkheda.
- Invited as a Session Track Chair at Indian Conference for Management 2011 organized by S.K.Patel Institute of Management, Gandhinagar.
Guest Lectures :
- Visiting Faculty, G H Patel Institute of Business Management, Sardar Patel University, V V Nagar.
- Visiting Faculty, Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Chandkheda, Ahmedabad.
- Visiting Faculty, B. K. Majmudar Institute of Business Administration, Ahmedabad.
- Visiting Faculty, B.K. Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
Other Accomplishments :
- Head, Commerce and Management (Since July 2013)
Personal/Family Details :
- Mrs. Hetal Pandya is an academician, working as an Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering at Government Engineering College, Bhavnagar.
Last Updated : 25-11-2016