Nagar Ranita(PhD (Economics), MA)
Dean Research, Head, Department of Social Sciences & Professor of Economics Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Organised the GNLU Research Methodology Workshop on Legal and Interdisciplinary Research (7th August-13th August, 2015).
- Organised the Advanced Certificate Course on Economics of Constitutional Law under the Centre of Law and Economics from 1st to 7th August, 2015. The Guest Faculty for the Course is Asst. Prof. Regis Lanneau, University of Nanterre, Paris.
- Organised the "International Conference on Law & Economics" jointly organized by Gujarat National Law University, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad and Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur in Gandhinagar on 14 - 15 March, 2015.
- Presented research paper entitled "The restructuring of global financial regulatory system in the backdrop of Global financial integration" in the "International Conference on Law & Economics" jointly organized by GNLU, IIMA and IITK in Gandhinagar on 14 - 15 March, 2015.
- Organised the one day National Conference on the "International Trade Implications of the National Food Security Act, 2013" on August 09, 2014 under the aegis of GCFSAE.
- Invited as a Key note speaker for an UGC Sponsored One-day Seminar on "Various Dimensions of the Economy of Gujarat State" held on March 2, 2014 at Department of Economics, Saurashtra University, Rajkot. The topic covered by me was "Nutritional Scenario of Gujarat"
- Coordinator of the Advanced Certificate Course on Law and Economics held during 20th Jan to 25 Jan, 2014. The duration of the course was 15 Hours. Dr. Ariel Porat, Head of the Strategic Steering Committee of Tel Aviv University and Distinguished visiting faculty at Chicago Law School was the Resource person.(http://www.law.uchicago.edu/faculty/porat)
- Organized, on behalf of the GNLU Centre for Food Security and Agro Economy a special lecture on "National Food Security Bill-2013.Speaker: Professor Dr K R Aithal, Professor, Department of Law, Karnataka University, Dharwad on 9th October, 2013.
- Organized, on behalf of the GNLU Centre for Food Security and Agro Economy a special lecture on "National Food Security Bill-2013. Speaker: Professor Hari Krishnan Nagarajan, RBI Chair in Rural Economics, Ph.d in Economics from University of Oklahama, Norman, Consultant at IFAD, World Bank and SEBI on 7th October, 2013
- Participated in the 1st International Conference on 'Modern Corporate Laws: Understanding the Dynamism: Within and Beyond the Boundaries', organised by GNLU Centre for Corporate and Competition Law (GCCCL) on 5th and 6th of October, 2013.
- Organised on behalf of GNLU Dept. of Social Sciences, the second 'Certificate Course on Law and Economics' - a rigorous 32 hours course on Law and Economics, conducted from 30th August through 8th September 2013. 45 participants took benefits of this course.
- Participated in the Two Day GNLU International Conference on Trade and Competition Law organized on 2nd and 3rd of March, 2013 by GNLU Centre for Corporate and Competition Law.
- Organised the Certificate Course on Law and Economics' which was a 29 hour programme spanning from 15th February 2013 to 24th February 2013 at the GNLU Campus and also participated as resource person.
- Participated in the Law and Economics Workshop Series BIG (BayreuthIGIDRGroningen) Workshop on Rationality, Decision and Evaluation at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, 10‐14 Dec 2012.
- Represented Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar in the International Conference of Academic Institutions, 2013 held on 9th - 10th January, 2013 at Pandit Deendayal University, Gandhinagar under the aegis of Vibrant Gujarat Summit.
- Organized a Half day Round Table Conference on the issue "Addressing Child Malnutrition Issues in India- A need of the hour" on 28th July, 2012 at GNLU, Gandhinagar.
- Chaired the session on Inclusive Banking at the Conference on " International Banking and Challenges and Solutions" organised by GNLU Centre for Banking , Investment & Taxation on Sunday 22 July, 2012.
- Participated in the Training Workshop organised by GCBIT in collaboration with Share Khan on Investment in Financial Market on 13th April 2012 at GNLU.
- Invited to participate as a resource person in the National Workshop on the "Strategy for mitigating agricultural communication gaps in India" at MICA, 14th March 2012.
- Jointly organised (with Mr. Hitesh Thakkar), session on "Role, Function and regulatory role of Reserve Bank of India by G.P.Mistri , Chief Executive Officer, Vijay Co-operative Bank Ltd. Ahmedabad on 17th February, 2012 (Friday) from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Participated in the Programme on "5th Annual Intellectual Property Summit 2012-evolving knowledge based society", conducted by Ahmedabad Management Association on January 8, 2012.
- Participant for GMSAC 2011, 27 & 28 November 2011.
- One Day Stress Management session: 2/11/2011.
- One Day Group Publication, seminar 1/11/2011.
- Discussant : Socio economic issues, National Conference, Surrogacy, 9/10/2011.
- Participated in the 4th All Gujarat Law Teachers Training programme, jointly organised by Commissionerate of Higher Education, Education Department, Govt. of Gujarat and Gujarat National Law University, on 3rd September, 2011.
- Participated in International Seminar on Creating excellence for sustainable society, May 15-16, 2011, North Gujarat University, Patan.
- Attended workshop organised by Ministry of Women & Child Development, Gujarat on fighting malnutrition on 21 December 2010 at Town Hall, Sector 17, Gandhinagar.
- Attended the International Conference on ' Themes of Higher Education: Prospects of Gujarat' under the aegis of Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat, Department of Education (Government of Gujarat and Pandit Deendayal Peyroleum University, Gandhinagar on 25 and 26 October, 2010.
- Attended Four day Joint Workshop on Law and Economics, University of Hamburg and IGIDR, Mumbai, 6-10 Dec 2010.
- Global Financial meltdown, Sub prime crisis, Managerial challenges in slowdown (Saurashtra University).
- All India Vice Chancellor Meet on Philanthropic approach in Higher education ( Saurashtra University, Rajkot, 3/4/2010)
- National Seminar on Emerging Issues in the Indian Legal Industry: The Road Ahead, (Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, 5/9/2010).
- National Seminar on "Role of women in peacemaking", (Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar).
- One day National Law Students' conference on "International courts and tribunals: Indian/Asian Perspective", (Gujarat National Law University, 3rd October 2010).
- Organised National Level one day seminar, "Food Security: An instrument towards achieving Millennium Development Goals in the WTO regime (Center for Food Security and Agro Economy, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, 10/10/2009).
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Organised the Advanced Certificate Course on Principles of Law and Economics applied to construction Contracts, organised on 16-20 January 2016.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Food Security: Cross Country policies and experiences, New Century publications, 9788177084177
- "The Millennial Generation Entrepreneur and insight into sustainability", Chapter 4, p.g. 47-58, published in book "Social Science Higher Education", ISBN:978-81-923353-6-0, HNGU Patan, 2012 (Co-author).
- Ranita Nagar and Sooraj Sharma (edi.), Towards a Food Secure India (1st, Ruby Press& Co., New Delhi 2015).
- "Global financial integration ensures global economic growth : Merely a theoretical approach", Chapter 16, p.g. 147-157, Published in the book 'Role of Financial Industry in Accelerating Economic Growth', ISBN : 978-81-9237-874-9, Gujarat Technological University, 2014.
- "The global financial crisis in the backdrop of major economic crises : The role of global financial integration", Chapter 27, p.g. 315 -325, Published in the book 'Dynamics of International Finance in Global South', ISBN : 978-93-83842-81-0, Excel India Publishers, 2014.
- Sarada Chit Fund, Ponzi Scam: A warning signal for under regulated non banking companies ( NBFCS) in Gujarat, Pg 28-56, Gujarat Law Journal, Vol 3 issue 1, ISSN 2249-9644, 2014.
- Editor in book "Economic Analysis of Law: An Indian Perspective", ISBN 978-93-5143-027-8, LexisNexis, 2014.
- Editor "Food Security Law Interdisciplinary Perspectives", Center for Food Security and Agro Economy, GNLU, Gandhinagar, ISBN 93-5145-026-0 ,Eastern Book Company, 2014.
- The Centre for Food Security and Agro Economy announces its publication titled: Food Security Law: Interdisciplinary perspective, EBC, 2014, ISBN: 9351450200.
- "Enterprising a Greener Tomorrow: Role of Ecopreneurs", p.g. 216-221, Asian Resonance - A Peer-Review Multi-Disciplinary International Research Journal, ISSN No. 0976-8602 VOL.-II, ISSUE-III, JULY-2013.
- "The recent economic crisis: Unleashing the creative economic revolution & the paradigm shift towards a new economic order", Chapter 11, p.g. 188-197, published in book "Recent Advances in Management", Prateeksha Publicatons, ISBN: 978-93-80626-73-4, 2013.
- Assistant-editor in "Maritime Security and Piracy (Global Issues, Challenges and Solutions); ISBN: 93-5028-708-0, Eastern Book Company, 2012.
- "The hidden facets of Somalian Piracy, Section I, p.g. 127-133 "Maritime Security and Piracy (Global Issues, Challenges and Soloutions), ISBN: 93-5028-708-0, Eastern Book Company, 2012.
- "The Classic Debate on growth versus development: A case study on the decreasing child sex ratio in high growth states" in the International Seminar on "Journey of Women Empowerment: Miles To Go" ISBN 9788191038958.
- Prepared the Draft Report on Efficacy of Aanganwadis in Gujarat with regard to SC Guidelines on 28th July 2012.
- Nagar R, "Legal aid as an instrument for increasing economic efficiency of access to justice in the justice delivery system, Legal Aid, Catalyst for social change", P 52, Satyam Law International, ISBN 97881921204.
- Nagar R and Thakar H, "Regulatory reforms in global economic system", Management issues and options, Baba sahib Gawde institute of Management studies, Mumbai, ISBN 9789350670569
- Good Governance: Views and practical lessons from various sectors- Articles and Reference Material, Tuesday, 11 Jan. ( Compiled and edited by B Patel, R Nagar, Jagadeesh Chandra T.G, Satya Ranjan Mishra, Hiteshkumar Thakkar, Amit Kumar Kashyap.
- Money, Trade and International Finance (Sudhir Prakashan).
- Disaster Management (New Delhi APH Publishing Corporation, 2010).
- Indian Public Sector Enterprise: An innovative march towards attaining global commanding heights', in the Innovation management and entrepreneurship (New Delhi, Excel Books, 2010) P 203.
- Food Security; The attendant dynamics of climate change and the international perspective', in the Indian Bar Review (New Delhi Bar council of India Trust 2010) P 109.
- "Miles to go before we reap" in Gujarat National Law University Group Publication 2009.
- District Human Development Index, Jamnagar, Saurashtra University, UNDP, Planning Commission, Govt of India, New Delhi and Directorate of Human Development: Govt of Gujarat, Gandhinagar.
- "Role of International Financial Institutions in the Global Crisis in the Indian Accounting Association, (Rajkot 2009).
- Edited the Seminar Booklet on, "Food Security: An instrument towards achieving Millennium Development Goals in the WTO regime (Center for Food Security and Agro Economy, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar,)
- Papers Accepted for Publication
- Paper submitted, North Gujarat, Patan "The Millennial Generation Entrepreneur and insight into sustainability".
- Paper selected on The efficacy of aanganwadi's in Gujarat December 2011, SPISER, Ahmadabad
- "From Fringe Banking to No frills Account: A story of Financial Inclusion" for GNLU's Conference on International Banking and Financial Issues, Challenges and Solutions ( GCBIT)
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Women Empowerment,
- Sustainable livelihood models,
- Vulnerability studies
- Accounting Association of India
Guest Lectures :
- Saurashtra University (MBA Dept.)
Other Accomplishments :
- Attended the Summer School in Law and Economics at Coase Sandor Institute, Law School Chicago, University of Chicago from 4th to 19th July 2015.
- Contributor in Faculty Seminar on National Food Security Bill-2013 on September 3, 2013
- Comprehensive Survey conducted on Efficacy of Aanganwadi's in Gujarat,September 2011. Report is under compilation.
- Publication of proceedings of Good Governance underway. Will be completed by January 2012.
- Paper setter and examiner for TYBA and M.A (Part one) at MS University, Vadodara, 2011
- RDC Panel Member
- Organised the Discussion Forum on Policy perspectives for Food Security in India. 30/9/2011
- Organised Enunciation', (an understanding of food insecurity in India), Prof Habermath, and Mr. Ajay Saklani, 6/4/2011
- Submitted a paper on The efficacy of aanganwadi's in Gujarat., December 2011, SPISER, Ahmedabad
- Submitted a paper on The hidden facets of Somalian Piracy', GMSAC Referance material, October, 2011
- Paper submitted on Regulatory reforms in Global Economic System, Mumbai December 2011
- Paper submitted, North Gujarat, Patan "The Millennial Generation Entrepreneur and insight into sustainability"
Last Updated : 12-04-2016