Nair Bindu Vijay(Ph.D. (Botany), B.Ed (Natural Sciences), M.Sc)
Head, Science & Technology, Assistant Professor of Science & Technology Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Presented research paper on "Assisted Reproductive Technologies- Legal and Ethical issues" in an International conference on "Reproductive Health with Emphasis on Occupational, Environmental and Lifestyle factors" and 26th Annual Meeting of the Indian Society for the study of Reproduction and Fertility, organized by National Institute of Occupational Health (ICMR) Ahmedabad during 18-20, February 2016.
- Resource person for "Intensive Certificate Course on advanced issues of Maritime Laws and Laws of Sea" organized by GNLU from 25th March 2013-08th April 2013.
- Participated in Half Day Round Table Conference on "Addressing Child Malnutrition Issues in India: A need of the Hour" organized by Centre for Food Security and Agro- Economy of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on 28th July 2012.
- Presented research paper on "Genetically modified crops and ethics" in The international conference on "challenges in Biotechnology and Food technology" (ICBF 2009) held in Annamalai university, during 8-10 October, 2009.
- Effect of Lantana Camara on crop biodiversity in a UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on "Environment Education and Disaster Risk Management "held in M.G.Science Institute, Ahmedabad on 28th and 29th January, 2009.
- Allelopathic effect of Digera muricata on Bajra Seed Germination in a UGC sponsored State Level seminar on Reproductive Biology of Angiosperms held in February, 2007 at PG Centre, Talod, Gujarat.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Participated in the "Hands on Training Program in Bioinformatics" held from 10 tho 12th August 2016 at Department of Biophysics and Bioinformatics, UIAR, Gandhinagar.
- Attended 85th Orientation Programme at Academic Staff College, Gujarat University from 18 November to 15 December 2015.
- Attended One - Week Faculty Development Programme organized by Gujarat National Law University from 2nd to 7th November 2015.
- Convener for 2nd Edition of Legislative Drafting Training Workshop, GNLU, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. (25th - 29th January 2012)
- Co-Convener for 1st Edition of "Legislative Drafting Training Workshop for the Western States of India", GNLU, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. (29th September 2010 to 3rd October 2010).
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Invasive plant Mikania micrantha a major threat to biological diversity - A Review. (2015). Int. Journal of Advance research in Science and Engineering; 4(5) ISSN-2319-8354(E).
- One chapter in the book on "Biodiversity and Ecology" Published by Discovery Publishing house Pvt. Ltd. First Edition 2012. ISBN: 978-93-5056-152-2.
- Allelopathic Effect of Digera muricatta (L) mart on in vitro seed germination of Pennisetum typhoideum (2011). Internat. J. Plant Sci., 6 (2): 333 - 334. ISSN: 0973-1547. Hind Agricultural Research and Training Institute, Muzaffarnagar, U.P.
- 'Allelopathic effect of Lantana camara on in vitro seed germination and seedling growth of Phaseolus mungo'. Internat. J. Plant Sci., vol. 5(1), 2010, pp. 43-45.
- 'Genetically modified crops- issues and challenges'. Internat. J. Plant Sci., vol. 5 (1), 2010, pp. 363-365.
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Ethnobotanical studies
- Plant biotechnology
- Forensic Science
Guest Lectures :
- Delivered lecture on "Ethics in Reproductive Health" at Indian Institute of Public Health, Gandhinagar.
Other Accomplishments :
- Reviewer of class XI (Semester-II) Biology Text Book of Gujarat State Education Board.
Last Updated : 07-10-2016