Anand Saurabh(PGDCFS, M.A., BA (Hons.), UGC-NET)
Assistant Professor of Sociology Phone : (+91) - +91-79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 91-79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Participated at the Third International Conference on "Gujarat Model of Governance: Lesson & Future Scope" ICGS-2015 organised by Centre for Governance Systems, Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad in Collaboration with Yunnam Minzu University, Kunming, China 25-26 April, 2015 and Presented a paper (co-authored with Viral Pandya), entitled, 'KCG: The Gujarat Government's Initiative to Achieve Excellence in the State Higher Education".
- Participated in Two Days Workshop and Competition on Social Entrepreneurship organised by Faculty of Social Work, GNLU with the support of Legal Incubation Centre in collaboration with Serve Happiness Foundation on 27-28 March 2015.
- Participated as Organising Committee Faculty Member for the International Conference on Law and Economics 2015, jointly organised by GNLU, IIM Ahmedabad and IIT Kanpur on 14-15 March 2015.
- Participated in the Capacity Building Workshop on 'Role of Legal Stakeholders in Strengthening and the Implementation of the Biological Diversity Act with Special Focus on ABS Provisions' organised by GNLU through the National Project on Access and Benefit Sharing under the United Nation Environment Programme- Global Environment Facility, Ministry of Environment and Forests (UNEP-GEF-MoEF) with the cooperation of National Biodiversity Authority and in partnership with Gujarat Biodiversity Board held on 27 September 2014
- I participated in the International Conference on 'Strengthening Climate Justice Initiatives: Livelihood Challenges at Local Level with a focus on Farmers' and presented a joint paper along with Prof. Jagadeesh Chandra on the topic: 'Agricultural Insurance for Ensuring Climate Change Justice in India with Special Reference to the State of Gujarat' during 08-09 November 2014 at Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
- Participated and Presented (co-authored with Prof. Jagadeesh Chandra T.G.) paper titled, 'The Role of ICT for Access to Education among Disabled Students- Disabled but not Disqualified' in the 'National Level Seminar on Capacity Development in Learning Society' on March 10, 2014, held at S.R.K.D.K M.Ed College, Palanpur with ISSN- 2321-7073.
- Participated and Presented (co-authored with Prof. Viral Pandya) paper titled, 'Socially Responsible Investment: Lessons from leading Environment Funds' in the '2nd International Conference on Corporate Governance: Contemporary Issues & Challenges in Indian Economic Environment' on March 14-15, 2014 held at Gujarat Technological University, Gandhinagar with ISBN- 978-93-5122-000-8.
- Participated in the National Conference on "Strengthening Participatory Democracy and Good Governance" (Pre-Summit Event of the Vibrant Gujarat National Education Summit 2014 'Towards Educating Young India) organised by Centre for Constitutional and Administrative Law, Gujarat National Law University in Collaboration with 'Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat, Government of Gujarat, January 5, 2014 and Presented a paper (co-authored with William Nunes), entitled, 'Marginalised Group and Participatory Democracy: A Study on Differently-abled people of India".
- Paper Presented in 36th All India Criminology Conference With Title; Sociological Aspect of The Sexual Offences on Alarming Rise of Rape Incidents on 15-17th February 2013 Organised at National Law University Delhi.
- Paper Presented at XX Conference of Gujarat Sociological Society With Title "Status Of Differently Abled Person in Society: Reservation Versus Health Work Environment" On 19th-20th January 2013 Organized at Central University Of Gujarat, Gandhinagar.
- 'Teaching Public Policy, Media and Law', Faculty Workshop Organized By Jamia Milia Islamia and Central University Of Rajasthan 1st-2nd November 2012 At Central University of Rajasthan, Kishangarh, Rajasthan.
- 'Progress Review of Millennium Development Goals on Education and Health Sector', A One-Day Seminar 19th October 2012 at Ahmedabad Management Association Organised by Centre for Social Justice, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Paper presented at International Conference on Perspective in Culture, Society And Gender in Subaltern Communities in South Asia at Department of Sociology, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur Rajasthan, India from 05th-06th October 2012 on the title 'Branded As Criminal By Birth: A Study on The Socio-Economic Status of Denotified and Nomadic Tribes'.
- National Workshop on Legal and Interdisciplinary Field of Research Methodology 05th-09th September 2012 at Gujarat National Law University.
- Addressing Child Malnutrition Issues In India: A Need of the Hour', Half Day Round Table Conference on 28th July 2012. Organized By Centre For Food Security And Agro Economy at Gujarat National Law University.
- Participated in International Conference on 'Journey of Women Empowerment: Miles to Go' organized by GNLU, Gandhinagar in collaboration with the Sayajirao Gaekwad trust on 24-25th March 2012.
- XXXVI All India Sociological Conference, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack from 27th December to 29th December 2010 on the topic Development, Displacement and Naxalism: A Sociological Study.
- Emerging Issues In The Legal Industry- The Road Ahead on 05th September 2010 at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- 34th UGC Sponsored Orientation Programme at Academic Staff College Bangalore University, Bangalore 10th June 2010 to 07th July 2010.
- Paper presented in National Seminar at Department Of Sociology, University Of Rajasthan, Jaipur Social Movements in The Global Context: An Appraisal Of Gujjar Agitation In Rajasthan.
- Paper presented at North Western Sociological Association, Panjabi University, Patiala on the topic 'Domestic Violence: Crime Behind The Closed Door'
- Paper presented at North Western Indian Sociological Association, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana on the topic 'Are Our Lives Being Governed By The Market Forces?
- Paper presented at National Seminar, GNGC, Ludhiana on the topic 'Changing Concept Of Marriage: NRI Marriage'
- Paper presented in a National Seminar at Atamjit Singh Shergill Memorial College Mukandpur, Nawansahar on the topic 'Regional Disparity in The Health Sector: A Time To Review'
- Paper presented in National Seminar at Hans Raj Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Jalandhar on the topic 'Reflection Of Education on The Role Of Women Empowerment'
Paper(s) Presented :
- Participated and Presented co-authored paper titled, 'Promoting Gender Equality and Women Empowerment: A Study of Disabled Women' in the International Conference on Women and Millennium Development Goals from February 13-14th 2014 conducted by Department of Social Work at Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda.
- Participated and Presented co-authored paper titled, 'Nuclear Power and Sustainable Development in India: A Critique' in the International Conference on Law, Society and Sustainable Development: Problems and Prospects from February 17-18th 2014 held at Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Attended workshops for the noble cause "A global platform to alleviate poverty through thought and action" on March 12 and March 13, 2015 at Gandhi Ashram, Ahmedabad.
- Participated in the One Day Immersive Workshop on Liberating Structures, by Prof. Arvind Singhal (email@example.com) at MICA, Shelaj Village, Ahmedabad held on February 11, 2014. Prof. Singhal is the Samuel Shirley and Edna Holt Marston Endowed Professor of Communication and Director of the Social Justice Initiative in UTEP's Department of Communication and the William J. Clinton Distinguished Fellow at the Clinton School of Public Service, Little Rock, Arkansas. The term Liberating Structures (www.liberatingstructures.com) are a variety of newly-developed and codified methods, practices, and activities that quickly foster lively participation in groups of any size, making it possible to truly include and unleash everyone. LS allow all participants to be engaged and involved at all times. The practice of LS dramatically boosts peoples? capacity to participate and collectively generate solutions that are empowering and sustainable. LS have been used in business and corporate settings, in educational and healthcare institutions, and in civil society organizations.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- "Are our Lives being Governed by the Market Forces ", Studies in Sociology, Vol. No. XI- June, 2007, Dept of Sociology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- "Regional Disparities in Health Sector: A time to review"; Studies in Sociology, Vol. No. XII, December 2007, Department of Sociology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur (India).
Books Reviewed / Edited :
- Book Review: Social Transformation of an Island Nation: Development Wonders in Mauritius by Shiv R Mehta and Rani Mehta, published in Research Journal Social Sciences, Volume 17, Number 1, 2009. (ISSN 0251-348X)
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Social Work
- Sociology of Law
- Crime and Victims rights
- Women and Gender issues
- Media and Law
- Subaltern studies
- Development studies
- Life member (2482) of All India Sociological Society.
- Life member of Karnatka Sociological Association.
- Life member (No.2185) of The Indian Journal Political Science and the Indian Political Science Association.
- Life Member of South Asian Society of Criminology and Victimology
- Life Member (LM-1497) of Indian Society of Criminology
- Life Member of Gujarat Sociological Society-GSS-CU-LMN-391
Guest Lectures :
- Invited as a Resource Person at the Mahatma Gandhi Labour Institute in collaboration with the Department of Social justice & Empowerment and Urban Development Corporation, Government of Gujarat organizing a two days Workshop on "Improving quality of life of workers engaged in cleaning occupation" during 24-25 February, 2015.
Other Accomplishments :
- I was invited as a Resource Person at Government Arts College, Amirgadh, Dist Banaskantha for a Workshop on creating Awareness about Higher Educations and Employment Opportunities for Students belong to Marginalised Sections on 14th March 2015. This program was sponsored by RUSA.
- UGC Orientation Course: Participated in the 34th UGC sponsored Orientation Programme at Academic Staff College Bangalore University, Bangalore from 10th June 2010 to 07th July 2010 and obtained 'A' Grade.
- Resource Person on 'One-Day National Consultation On Evolving A Curriculum Framework For Law, Poverty And Development Courses In Law Schools' Organised By Centre For Social Justice, Ahmedabad on 2nd September, 2013.
- Resource Person For The Awareness Camp & Open Hearing Program For Safai Worker At Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation on 31st August 2013.
- Resource Person on the topic Anti-Ragging at Educational Institutes on 24th July 2013 and 29th July 2013 at National Institute Of Fashion Technology, Gandhinagar
- Resource Person as Panel Speaker to discuss on the topic 'Reforms in the Jail Administration, sponsored by BPRD, organised at GNLU on 23rd November 2012.
- Resource Person at One day Workshop on 'Prevention of Manual Scavenging & Social Protection and Policy for Sewerage and Allied Workers' organized by KSSM, Government of Gujarat, ESIC, and IIM Ahmedabad on 18th February 2012.
- Resource Person at National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gandhinagar on the theme Anti-Corruption on 30th November 2011.
- Resource person for the Open session on Professionalism in the Prison Management on 16th November 2011 for training of Jail Officials organised by BPRD at GNLU.
- Resource Person at National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gandhinagar on the theme 'Curbing Ragging at the Educational Institutes' on 02nd August 2011.
- Resource Person as Panel Speaker to discuss on the topic 'Reforms in the Jail Administration at BPRD seminar, organised at SPIPA, Ahmedabad, on 24th March 2011.
- Delivered lectures on the topic Terrorism, Naxalism and Economic offences with the students of Raksha Shakti Univeristy, Ahmedabad on 18th August 2010.
- Visiting faculty of Sociology at Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad for the month of July and August 2009.
- Judged the Ad-Mad event on 22nd Dec, 2010 at NIFT, Gandhinagar as a part of NIFT's annual festival CONVERGE.
Last Updated : 24-11-2015