The University provides separate Halls of Residence for boys and girls. Students are required to follow certain rules and regulations and maintain proper discipline within the hostels. There is a general code of conduct that every student of GNLU is expected to adhere to both within and outside the campus. Any instance of unseemly behaviour or conduct that is likely to tarnish the image or reputation of the University would be regarded as a breach of discipline. There is a Mess-Canteen on campus which provides breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. A Student Mess Committee, under the supervision of a faculty advisor, is expected to look after the choice and quality of daily menu that is served in the canteen and the mess. Requests for special dishes are also entertained.
The Mess Committee serves as a bridge of communication between the culturally diverse students and caterers. It monitors serving of quality food within a student friendly cost structure. We also have a popular eatery "Hoggers-Den" in our Campus". "We also have a recreation room in both the hostels, each equipped with a large LED television, seating area, Table Tennis room and a Mini-Gym to ensure all round development of the student community and to compliment their pursuit of academic excellence." The University also provides Night Mess facility to the students.
Dean- Students' Welfare - Dr. Joshua N. Aston
Dean Student Welfare is overall in charge of Hostel administration. The office is established to look after the wellbeing of the student and to maintain discipline in GNLU Campus.
Secretary Dean Students' Welfare-
Secretary Dean Student welfare is responsible to maintain all official records of DSW and to make required communications time to time.
Floor Allotment to the warden
Note :- Every Warden is fully responsible for General Cleanness, Maintenance, Discipline and overall care of the Students residing in the respective floor .
Weekly Off Hostel Warden (Boys & Girls)/Contact Details
General Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the hostel
- Maintain Discipline in the hostel
- Allotment of the room and assurance of overall accommodation
- Basic facilities like, pure water, Electricity, Furniture
- Facilities like Internet Connectivity, Food supply to room (in case of illness), Television, and General Store
- Cleanliness and Hygienic condition of the hostel
- Do counselling with the students parents
- Attend Medical Emergency
- Conducting Inspection of food (Quality check)
- Supervising over security staff and cleaning staff
- Hair Saloon and Laundry Service, Courier Facility, Night Mess
- Hot Water during the winter (Solar Water Heating System)
- Health Care facility and Staff Nurse
- Assurance of availability of 24hrs cleaning staff, Electrician, Driver (for attaining medical emergency)
- Extracurricular Activities
Last Updated : 04-01-2017