Verma Asha(PhD (Pursuing), M.Phil., LLM, B.A. LL.B.(Hons.), UGC-NET)
Assistant Professor of Law Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Participated and presented a paper titled "An Analytical Study of Forensic Psychological Techniques Adopted In India For Detection Of Crimes" at International Conference on Science, Technology and Society organised by Indore Christian College,Indore in collaboration with Mandhyachal Sociological Society on 21st - 22nd March 2015.
- Participated and presented a research paper titled " An Analytical Study of Women Workers in India with Special Reference to Unorganized Sector" (Study through case laws) in an "International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education" organized by Indian Institute of Management Indore in collaboration with Tun Abdul Razak University, Malaysia, on 9th - 12th May 2013.
- Actively Participated in "International Workshop on Empirical Legal Research" organized by National Law University, Delhi and the Society for Empirical Legal Research, Cornell Law School of the Cornell University, NY. U.S from 2-7 February, 2013 at NLU Delhi.
- Actively Participated in a Half Day Round table Discussion on "The Legal Framework of Intellectual Property Rights: Making Gujarat the Center of Innovation" organized by Gujarat National Law University in collaboration with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and US INDIA Business Council on 10th January 2013 at GNLU.
- Participated and Presented a Research Paper titled "An Analytical Study of Women Workers in Unorganized Sector" in the 2 Days UGC Sponsored National Seminar on "Human Rights of Industrial Labour in 21st Century" on 13th and 14th October 2012, organized by Shri N.S. Patel Law College, Modasa, Gujarat.
- Participated in Conference on "Industrial Relations in the Context of Economic Slowdown" conducted by Ahmedabad Management Association, Ahmedabad, on 15th September 2012.
- Participated in 5 Days "National Workshop on Research Methodology in Legal and Interdisciplinary Field" organized at the Gujarat National Law University from 5-9 September, 2012
- Participated and added inputs in Half Day Round Table Conference on "Addressing Child Malnutrition Issues in India: A need of the Hour" organized by Centre for Food Security and Agro- Economy of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on 28th July 2012.
- Participated in "Teachers' Training Programme on Administration of Criminal Justice" organized by Gujarat National Law University on 14th July 2012, at GNLU. Gandhinagar.
- Participated and Organized Two days International conference on "Journey of Women Empowerment: Miles to Go" held on 24th and 25th of March 2012 at Gujarat National Law University. Coordinator of Special Legal Awareness Session for Housewives in this conference.
- Participated and presented paper titled "Plea Bargaining 'An IndianApproach to Reduce Backlog of Cases" in 1st All Gujarat Law Colleges Conference on Constitutional Law"organized by GNLU and Commissionerate of Higher Education at GNLU.
- As a member of Legislative Drafting Training Workshop Committee successfully organized 2012 Edition of LDTW and actively participated in this 5 Days workshop from 25th January 2012- 29th January 2012 at Gujarat National Law University.
- Participated in "5th All Gujarat Law Teachers' Training Programme" on "Environmental Law" jointly organized by Commissionerate of Higher Education, Education Department, Gujarat and Gujarat National Law University, on 19th of November 2011 at GNLU.
- Actively Participated in One Day Trainning Programme on Stress Management organized by Tripada Multicourse Pvt. Ltd. Ahmedabad at Gujarat National Law University on 2nd November 2011.
- Participated in National Seminar on Surrogacy: Issues and Challenges, organized at Gujarat National Law University, on 9th October 2011.
- As a Resource Person provided guidance to the young and enthusiastic aspirants of Civil Judge Main Examination 2011 on "The Code of Criminal Procedure , 1973" Probation of Offenders Act 1958 and Juvinile Justice Act under the "GNLU Coaching Classes For Civil Judge Main Examination Candidates Programme" jointly organized by Commissionerate of Higher Education, (Education Department Gujarat ) and Gujarat National Law University, on 8th October 2011 at GNLU.
- As a Resource Person offered some valuable tips and guidance to the young and enthusiastic aspirants of Civil Judge Examination 2011 on "The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973" under the "GNLU Free Coaching Classes For Civil Judge Examination Candidates Programme" jointly organized by Commissionerate of Higher Education, (Education Department Gujarat) and Gujarat National Law University, on 7th September 2011 at GNLU.
- Participated in "4th All Gujarat Law Teachers' Training Programme" on "Transfer of Property" jointly organized by Commissionerate of Higher Education, Education Department, Gujarat and Gujarat National Law University, on 3rd of September 2011 at GNLU.
- Participated in "3rd All Gujarat Law Teachers' Training Programme" on "Constitutional law" jointly organized by Commissionerate of Higher Education, Education Department, Gujarat and Gujarat National Law University, on 19th of August 2011 at GNLU.
- Presented theme Paper entitled "Street Children: A Situational Analysis" in a National Seminar on "Juvenile in Conflict with Law" organised by School of Law D.A.V.V., Indore in March 2003(Published in Proceedings).
- Presented Paper entitled "Protection of Environment and Public Participation" in a National Workshop on "Importance of Clean Environment and Hazards of Pollution" organised by S.R. Government Women's Polytechnic College SAGAR (M.P.) in October 2004 (Published in Proceedings).
- Presented a Paper entitled "Distributive Justice and Empowerment: Prevention of Attrocities against women with special reference to SC and ST women." in a National Seminar on "Making of Democratic, Secular and Egalitarian Indian Society : Vision of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar in Contemporary situation" organised by Dr. BabaSaheb Ambedkar National Institute of Social Sciences, Mhow in October 2007. (Published in Proceedings).
- Presented a Paper entitled "Compensation: The Key Issue in the land Debate." (Published in Proceedings) in a National Seminar on "SEZs in India; A Critical Perspective" organised by Tilak Maharashtra University Pune in January 2008.
- Presented a Paper entitled "Ambedkar's Vision for empowerment of women and how far it is realized through existing laws" in a National Seminar on "Dr. Ambedkar's Philosophy and Social Change" organised by Dr. BabaSaheb Ambedkar National Institute of Social Sciences, Mhow in March 2008.
- Presented a Paper entitled " Legal and policy Aspects Of Disaster Management in India" (Published in Proceedings) in an International Conference on "Corporate Social Responsibility & industrial Disasters" organised by National Law Institute University, Bhopal & National Institute of Disaster Management New Delhi in December 2009.
- Presented a Paper entitled "Judicial Activism as Constitutional Panacea" at a National Seminar on " Judicial Process- Relevance in Present Time" organised by Department of Legal Studies and Research. Barkatullah University, Bhopal in May 2010.
- Participated in the All India Criminology Conference Organized by National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Delhi. Silver Jubilee Conference of the Indian Society of Criminology during 1-3 November 2001.
- Presented theme paper entitled "Environment Protection and Public Participation" at All India Law Seminar on "Environmental Law-Problems and Solutions", during 8-9 March 2003 at Govt. Arts & Commerce College Indore.
- Presented working paper on "Emancipation of women : How far and to What extent real'" at All India Adult Education Conference on Adult and Life-Long Learning Opportunities in the 11th Five year Plan during 4-7 December 2007 at Shegoan organized by Indian Adult Education Association and International Institute of Adult and lifelong Education.
- Presented theme paper entitled "Consumerism and Consumer Welfare: Role of PIL and other organization in consumer empowerment" and "Economic Rights of a common Man", At National Seminar on "Consumer Protection and Welfare during 12th and 13th December 2008 organized by School of Economics, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore."
- Presented working paper entitled "Dalit Women: Victims or Beneficiaries of Affirmative Action Policies in India - A case Study" at All India Adult Education Conference during December 2008 at Shivaji University Kolhapur Maharashtra.
- Presented theme paper entitled "Role of Executive in Implementing Domestic Violence Act" at State Level Seminar on "Domestic Violence and Human Rights": Law and policy". during 6th and 7th March 2009 at Shri Jawaharlal Nehru P.G. Law College Mandsaur Sponsored by University Grants Commission (Paper Published).
- Participated in national workshop on "Economically Backward Classes : Criteria for Identification, Reservation and Welfare Measures" on 4th July 2009 Sponsored by Commission for Economically Backward Classes. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Government of India, New Delhi.
- Attended the "Emotional intelligence certification workshop" on 19th & 20th November Organized by "Forum for Emotional Intelligence Learning" Indore.
- Presented working paper titled "Education of Youth , Human Rights And Human Development" at 58th All India Adult Education Conference during 11th - 13th December 2009 at Gandhigram Rural University , Kanyakumari.
- Participated and contributed in a workshop on "Fostering personal development and social progress" during 22nd & 24th Feb.2010 Organized by "Bahai Chair for Studies in development" D.A.V.V. Indore.
- Participated in a UGC Sponsored National Workshop on" Criminalization of Politics; A Serious Threat to our Democracy", Organized by Sheth Motilal Nyalchand Law College, Patan on 8th and 9th of January 2011.
- Participated in a National Seminar on "Law Impact Assessment" organized by Institute of Law, Nirma University on 21st & 22nd January 2011,and presented a paper on the topic " Impact Assessment of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005."
- Participated in an International Conference on "Science, Technology and Society" organised by Christian College Indore (Sponsored by Madhya Pradesh Council of Science and Technology, Bhopal) & ( International Sociological Association ) on 13th of March 2011 and presented the paper on "Impact of Science and Technology on Criminal Investigations" .
- Participated in one day National Seminar organised by Amity University, Jaipur on 11th October 2010 and presented research paper on "Safeguarding The Rights of the Disabled Persons.
- Participated and Presented a Research Paper on Law Impact Assessment, Need, Scope and Methodology in Conference on Excellence in Research and Education organised by Indian Institute of Management Indore in May 2011. (Paper published)
Seminar(s) Attended / Participated:
- Member of the Organizing Committee and Participated in Capacity Building Workshop on 'Role of Legal Stakeholders in Strengthening and the Implementation of the Biological Diversity Act with Special Focus on ABS Provisions' organised by Gujarat National Law University Through the National Project on Access and Benefit Sharing under the UNEP-GEF-MoEF with the cooperation of National Biodiversity Authority and in partnership with the Gujarat Biodiversity Board held on 27th September 2014 and 16th May 2015.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Participated and successfully completed One-Week Faculty Development Programme organised by Gujarat National Law University from 16th to 21st May 2016.
- Participated in One - Week Faculty Development Programme organised by Gujarat National Law University from 2nd to 7th November 2015.
- Participated in the Research Methodology Workshop on "Legal and Interdisciplinary Research" organised by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar from 7th - 13th August 2015.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Research paper titled "An Analytical Study of Forensic Psychological Techniques Adopted In India For Detection Of Crimes" published in Book titled "Science Technology and Society" published by Department of Sociology , Indore Christian College, Indore. ISBN : 81-902565-6-4.
- "A Critical Study of Rights of Women Workers and Gender Equality: With Special Reference to Role of International Labour Organization (ILO)" in Dr. Uttam Kumar Panda (ed) Gender Issues and Challenges in Twenty First Century , Satyam Law International, New Delhi. 2015, pp 91-109. [ISBN: 978-93-82823-20-9].
- Compiled one Book on "Criminology" for LL.M Branch II, Criminal Law Paper, of School of Distance Education, Mahatma Gandhi University,Kottayam, Kerala. Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi. 2013.
- Research Paper titled "An Analytical Study of Women Workers in India with Special Reference to Unorganized Sector" published in Indore Management Journal, Special Issue, Peer - Reviewed Proceedings of 5th Conference on Excellence in Research and Education, 2013, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi. ISSN : 0975-1653
- One Paper published in Special Issue of First Gujarat Law Colleges Conference on Constitutional Law, titled Plea Bargaining - An Indian Approach To Reduce Backlog of Cases. ISBN 978-81-910389-3-4.
- A theme paper published in the proceedings of All India National Seminar on "Access to Justice for the Socially and Economically Disadvantaged" organized by Bar Council of Rajasthan, and Confederation of Indian Bar New Delhi entilted "Alternative Dispute Resolution System in India as a Tool for The Disadvantaged Group."
- Research Paper titled " Law Impact Assessment: Need, Scope and Methodology published in Indore Management Journal, Special Issues, Refereed Proceedings of Excellence in Research and Education Conference, 2011, published by Indian Institute of Management, Indore, ISSN 0975-1653.
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Constitutional Law,
- Administrative Law,
- Law of Torts,
- Gender Justice,
- Social Development and Justice.
- Council Member of Indian Adult Education Association, New Delhi.
- Member of Legal Assistance Forum, New Delhi.
- Associate Member of Indian Society of International Law.
Guest Lectures :
- Invited to deliver a Guest Lecture on Gender Laws for the undergraduate students on 22nd July 2016 at School of Liberal Studies, PDPU. Gandhinagar.
- Invited as a Resource Person for the "Convention on Impact of Gender Bias at Workplace" conducted by the Cell for Prevention of Sexual Harassment, Charusat on 7th March 2015.
- Penalist in Lok Adalat held on 14th April 2013 at Gandhinagar District Court.
- As a Distinguished Speaker, delivered lecture on " Wildlife Protection Act- Marine Biodiversity: What Navy and Coast Guard should know about this Act and Implementation" at Gujarat National Law University for officers of Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard during the " Intensive Certificate Course on advanced issues of Maritime Laws and Laws of Sea" from 25th March 2013- 08th April 2013.
- Organized one Special Legal Awareness Session for Women Staff of GNLU on the occasion of International Women's Day on 8th March 2013, under the aegis of Gender Sensitisation Committee, GNLU.
- Invited as a Guest Lecturer to deliver a lecture for LL.M. Students at School of Law, Devi Ahilya University, Indore on the topic of "Judicial Process- As An Instrument of Social Ordering" on 2nd March 2013.
- Invited to deliver one Lecture on Anti- Ragging to the students of NIFT, Gandhinagar on 30th July 2012.
- Invited as a Resource Person in Orientation Programme on "Effective Implementation of Labour Laws" for the Labour Officers on 22nd May 2012, and delivered a lecture on Industrial Disputes Act 1947 at Mahatma Gandhi Labour Institute, Ahmedabad.
- At National Law Institute University Bhopal on PCPNDT Act.
- Expert lecturer for District Institute of Education and Training Bijalpur Indore. Sponsored by Commissioner, Centre for State Education Bhopal.
- Invited as a Speaker in two days All India National Seminar on Access to Justice for the socially and Economically Disadvantaged organized by Bar Council of Rajasthan, and Confederation of Indian Bar New Delhi.
Work Experience :
- 5 years at Devi Ahilya University.
- 1 year at Institute of Law, Nirma University. Ahmedabad.
Other Accomplishments :
- Successfully organised and took 15 hours Lectures in Certificate Course on Industrial Relations, Labour Legislations and Personnel Management from 16th to 18th January 2016.
- Participated in 4 weeks "ORIENTATION PROGRAMME" for University Lecturers Organized by Academic Staff College D.A.V.V. Indore from 1-03-2006 to 28-03-2006 and scored 'A' grade.
- Organised 2 Days National Workshop on Legal Research Methodology at Institute of Law. Nirma University.
Refresher Course/Orientation Programme:
- Participated in a UGC sponsored Refresher Course in "Computer Science"(Multi-disciplinary)which was organized by the Academic Staff College, Gujarat University during 3rd June - 23rd June 2013 at Ahmedabad and scored 'A' Grade.
Responsibilities at GNLU:
- Worked as Assistant Co-Coordinator and Organized Global Maritime Security and Anti- Piracy Conference 2011. (GMSAC 2011)
- Appointed as Convener of Students Activities Committee.
- Worked as Member of Legal Service Committee.
- Worked as Convener of Examination Committee.
- Invited as a Resource Person in Faculty Seminar Series organised at Gujarat National Law University and delivered a lecture on 'Labour Law Reforms: with special focus on the Factories Act, 1948, The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and The Trade Unions Act, 1926 on 24th September 2015.
- Invited as a Resource Person and delivered four lectures on the topics 'Relevance of labour laws', 'The Contract Labour ( Regulation and Abolition) Act,1970' and 'Service Laws in today's Industrial Scenario' on 19th - 21st October 2015 as a part of 3 Days Programme on Labour Legislation Related to POWERGRID (For the employees of POWERGRID) organised at GNLU.
Last Updated : 08-08-2016