Marisport A.(DCL, LLM, LLB., M.A., UGC-NET)
Assistant Professor of Law Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Has Participated in One Day National Seminar On "Interaction of Intellectual Property with Pharma & Chemical Sectors" organized by Gujarat National Law University through its GNLU-GUJCOST Centre of Excellence on IPR Laws, Policies and Practices at its Campus on 4th February 2017.
- Has Participated 12th Annual International Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights: Catalysing Creativity on 11th-12th February 2017 at hotel Ummad, Ahmadabad organized by markpatent.org.
- Has attended the workshop on Institutionalization of Arbitration and Development of an Arbitration Bar at Bolgatty Palace, Ernakulam, Kerala on 25th February 2017
- Has presented a paper on "Deciding the Issue of Arbitrability in Indian Context" in the International Conference on "Challenges in Domestic and International Arbitration" held at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, Chennai on September 23-24, 2016.
- Has participated the Global conference on "National Initiative towards Strengthening Arbitration and Enforcement in India" at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi from 21st - 23rd October 2016, organised by NITI Aayog.
- Participated the Second International Conference on Law & Economics 2016, Jointly Organized by Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Gujarat National Law University Gandhinagar & Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad on 03-04 September 2016.
- Has presented a paper entitled "Whether India need a special sentencing guidelines or not -a critical analysis of current judicial
- sentencing" in the International Seminar on "Criminal Justice System in India: Need for Systemic Changes" held on 29th & 30th July 2016.
- has Participated in the One-Day Workshop On "Intellectual Property Laws for the Traditional and Internet Based Businesses" organized by Gujarat National Law University on 27th July 2016.
- Has participated and successfully completed the "One-week Faculty Development Programme" organised by Gujarat National Law University from 16th to 21st May 2016.
- Participated in 9th Annual Intellectual Property Summit 2016 held on January 09 & 10, 2016, organized by Ahmedabad Management Association.
- Attended the half day Workshop on 'The Role of Forensic Psychology and Neuro criminology in Criminal Justice Delivery System', organized by Gujarat National Law University on August 04,2015.
- Participated In the Cultural meet 'Migrant Literature, Culture and Society: A Discourse on Homeland and Destination Organized at GNLU, Gandhinagar, Gujarat in joint collaboration with G.B. Pant Social Science Institute and GNLU, Gandhinagar, Gujarat held On 3-4 January, 2016.
- Presented a Paper Titled "Restorative Justice in Indian Context" in The International Conference on "Victim Compensation and Restorative Justice" Held on 23 November 2015, Organized by Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR) Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab in Collaboration with Institute of Correctional Administration, Chandigarh.
- Participated the "professional Development Program for Law teachers on Teaching Skills of Settlement without Trial: Strategies & Techniques" at Salgaocar College of Law, Goa. organized by IBA Chair On Continuing Legal Education National Law School Of India University, Bangalore In Association With Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy, Trivandrum.(02-07 December 2014).
- Participated the 6th NLSIR Symposium 2013 organised by National Law school of India Review on 18th-19th may, 2014 at National Law School of India University Bengalore.
- Participated in Half Day Training Programme on "A Supervisable Template for Responding to Prior Art Rejections before the United States Patent and Trademark Office" jointly organized by Gujarat National Law University and Klarquist Sparkman, LLP USA on 28' January 2013 at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Attended the Panel Discussion on "The Legal Framework of Intellectual Property Rights: Making Gujarat the Centre of Innovation, Opportunity and Challenges for Innovative Companies & Safeguarding the Entertainment Industry", jointly organized by Film & TV Producers Guild- Vibrant Gujarat-GNLU-FICCI-USINDIA Business Council on 10th January 2013 at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Participated and Successfully completed the two days training course on Arbitration Principal and Practice organized by Infrastructure Skill Development Academy on 23rd-24th February 2013 at Chennai.
- Participated in the International Conference on "Modern Corporate Laws: Understanding the Dynamism"- Within and Beyond the Legal Boundaries organised by the GNLU Centre for Corporate & Competition Law on October 5th & 6th, 2013 at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Participated in the 6th Annual Intellectual Property Summit 2013 on 26th-27th January 2013 Conducted by Ahmedabad Management Association.
- Participated in the National Conference on "STRENGTHENING PARTICIPATORY DEMOCRACY AND GOOD GOVERNANCE" (Pre-Summit Event of the Vibrant Gujarat National Education Summit 2014 'Towards Educating Young India') organised by Centre for Constitutional and Administrative Law (CCAL), Gujarat National Law University in collaboration with Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat, Government ol Gujarat on January 5,2014 at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Participated in the "National Symposium on Emerging Dynamics of Realty Laws in India and the Challenges Ahead" organized by GNLU on 01st March 2014 at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Participated in the "WEEKEND CERTIFICATE COURSE ON REAL ESTATE LAWS- PRACTICAL ISSUES & CHALLENGES organized by GNLU from 08 March, 2014 to 6 April, 2014 at Gujarat National Law University Gandhinagar.
- Presented a paper entitled "Consumer claims under railway claims tribunal-a critical analyze" National Seminar on Legal Protection of Consumers in A Global Economy- Recent Approaches and the Way Forward on March 29-30, 2014. Organized by BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF LAW In collaboration with The Centre for Consumer Studies, IIPA, New Delhi.
- National Conference on "International Trade implications of National Food Security Act 2013, August 9, 2014 Organized by The Centre for food security and Agro Economy (CFSAE), Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Participated in the international conference on india's foreign relations - southeast asia and the indian ocean: strengthening the political, economic, security and cultural prospects, september 12-13, 2014. organized by centre for foreign policy and security studies, gujarat national law university in collaboration with the indian council of world affairs, new delhi.
- Presented a paper entitled "arbitrating construction and engineering disputes" in the International Conference on Role of Arbitration in Engineering Contracts November 7-8, 2014, at New Delhi organized by Indian Institute of Technical arbitrators.
- Presented a paper on "Women in panchayati raj - a critical analyse" on international interdisciplinary conference on recent trends organize by choice college of arts and commerce, Pune on 25/2/2013.
- Presented a paper on "Arbitration in consumer disputes a critical analyse" on National conference on consumer protection act which act TTNDALU on 10/4/2013.
- Participated in the National Seminar "Copyright Law Amendment of 2012 " Organized on 25-26 August 2012 at ILS Law College, Pune
- Participated in "First Gujarat Law Colleges Conference on Constitutional Law" Organized by Commissionerate of Higher Education Department, Govt. of Gujarat and GNLU, Gandhinagar.
- Participated in Workshop on "Managing Intellectual Property: Concept to Commercialization" jointly organized by GNLU, Gandhinagar.
- Participated in one day "Training Workshop on Investment in Financial Market" GNLU, Gandhinagar.
- Participated in "Lawyers for Change - National Meet of Social Justice Lawyers" organized by Centre for Social Justice in association with National Dalit Movement for Justice, New Delhi, India.
- Participated in Teacher's Training Programme on "Adminstration of Criminal Justice" Organized by GNLU, Gandhinagar.
- Participated in the Half day round table conference on "Addressing Child Malnutrition Issue in India : A need of the Hours" Organized by Centre for Food Security and Agro Economy and GNLU, Gandhinagar.
- Participated and presented a paper on "rights of orphan children" in two day UGC National Seminar on "Protection of the Rights of the Children in National Development" ( Organised by P.G. Deptt. Of Law, S.V. University, Tirupati Andhra Pradesh)
- Participated and Presented a Paper on "Consequence of creating and Patenting of Transgenic Animals" in two day National Seminar on "Intellectual Property Rights and Human Rights" (Organised by IP Association of South India, Chennai in Association with The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai) to commemorate the "World IP Day".
- Participated and Presented a paper entitled "Nuclear Energy and Climate Change" in National Seminar on "Climate Change: Issues and Challenges in International Environmental Law" organized by The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai & Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board.
- Participated and Presented a Paper on "Mandatory Arbitration Clause in Consumer Contracts" in National Seminar on Globalisation and Consumers-Issues and Challenges organized by School of Commerce-Bharathiar University, Coimbatore in Collaboration with Centre for Consumer Studies, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
- Attended and presented a paper on "Disaster Management in Nuclear Disasters" in National Seminar on "Disaster Management and Law: Issues and Challenges" organised by The Tamil Nadu Dr.Ambedkar University, Chennai.
- Participated and Presented a Paper on "United Nations stand on Intellectual Property Rights" in National Seminar on "The 21st Century UN: Reform Issues and Challenges" organized by Govt. Law College, Chengalpattu & The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai.
- Participated and Presented a Paper on "How to Eradicate Thirumangalam Formula" in National Seminar on "Electoral Reforms and the Law" organized by Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms & The National Law University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi.
- Participated and Presented a Paper on "Nuclear Energy is the real alternative for Mitigating Climate Change Emissins- A Critical Analysis, in "International Conference on Corporate and Business Response to Climate Change- from Awareness to Adoption" "Transcending the Boundaries", Organised by Deptt. Commerce Periyar University Salem, Tamil Nadu.
- Participated in a Workshop on "Human Rights", organized by The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai.
- Participated in the Programme on 5th Annual Intellectual Property Summit 2012, Conducted by Ahmedabad Management Association.
- Participated in National Seminar on "World Intellectual Property Day" conducted by The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Deptt. of Intellectual Property Law in Association with Anand & Anand, Advocates.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Has published book review on "Essential Criminology" in the International Journal of Criminal Justice Sciences, IJCJS IJCJS January - June 2017 Volume: 12 Issue: 1.
- Has published an article on "Deciding the Issue of Arbitrability in Indian Context" in the conference proceedings of two day international conference on Challenges in Domestic and International Arbitration at Chennai from 23-24th September 2016, organized by Indian institute of technical arbitrators, Chennai.
- Has co-authored a chapter on "Narco Terrorism: An Infinite Quest for Future Solution" in the book titled Terrorism, Its Legal Framework and Beyond, edited by Dr. Mithilesh Narayan Bhatt, Published by Manakin Press Pvt. Ltd.,
- Published an article titled "Restorative punishment in Indian context" in the Madras Law Journal (criminal) on (10-03-2016 (2016, 1 MLJ (CRL) VOL 85 PART-5 2016, 1 MLJ (CRL) VOL 85 PART-5).
- Case review on Afcons Infrastructure Ltd. v. Cherian Varkey Construction Co. (P) Ltd In Current Tamilnadu Cases, 26/8/2015 issue
- Co-authored article titled Economic Analysis of "Fairness in Arbitration Act - USA" in ICA Arbitration Quarterly, Vol. 187, October- December, 2015
- Article on "Railway Claims Tribunal and Consumer Claims - A Critical Analysis" In The Legal Awareness Magazine Vol. 4, Issue-39 (February 2015)
- Book Review on "International Intellectual Property Arbitration" In Madras Law Journal, 124th Year Issue No. 6 (2015)1 MLJ Vol. 28. Part 6 (05-02-2015)
- An Article entitled How to eradicate "THIRUMANGALAM FORMULA" in Lawyers Line Magazine (Tamil Regional Magazine), Vol: IV -Issue: 37 -December: 2014.
- An article titled "Health insurance portability - A critical analyze" in International Journal of Business, A). Mandatory Arbitration Clause in Consumer Contracts; published in Dr. G. Ganesan & Dr. M. Sumathy; Globalisation and Consumerism - Issues and Challenges; Regal Publications, New Delhi. (ISBN 978-81-8484-133-6)
- An article titled Women in Panchayati Raj - A Critical Analysis; published in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Vol 1, Issue 12 (IV), March 2013. (ISBN 2277-9302).Management and Social Science, Vol.II, Issue 7, March 2013.
- An article titled Mandatory Arbitration Clause in Consumer Contracts; published in Dr. G. Ganesan & Dr. M. Sumathy; Globalisation and Consumerism - Issues and Challenges; Regal Publications, New Delhi. (ISBN 978-81-8484-133-6)
- Life time individual member of Indian council of Arbitration (ICA)
- Lifetime member of (South Asian Society of Criminology and Victimology SASCV).
- Member of Centre for Sports Law
- Member of GNLU Competition Guidance Committee
- Member of Library Committee
Awards Received / Achievements :
- N.S.S. Merit Certificate in Annual Sports Meet by Government Law College Madurai.
- Participating in ten day Special Camping Programme by N.S.S. on "Healthy Youth for Healthy India, Organised at Kulamangalam.
- Participated in ten days Special Camping Progamme on "Role of Youth in Rural Development", Organised at Velliangundram.
Other Accomplishments :
- Has chaired a session in the Second International Conference on Law & Economics 2016, Jointly Organized by Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Gujarat National Law University Gandhinagar & Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad on 03-04 September 2016.
- Participated and successfully completed the One-week Faculty Development Programme organized by Gujarat National Law University from 2nd to 7 November 2015 at GNLU.
- Successfully completed the "Refresher course in social science (Law) at University grants commission Human Resource Development Centre (HRDC) Gujarat University from 18th November to 8th December 2015.
- Successfully completed Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills- an online non-credit course authorized by University of Michigan and offered through Coursera.
- Successfully completed the 76th orientation programme at Baradhidasan University from 15th November to 12th December 2012.
- Successfully Completed the WIPO general course on intellectual property rights on 17th November 2012.
- Course on "Forced Labour organized by International Justice Mission in collaboration with Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkaar Law University, Chennai,
- Course on "Human Rights" conducted by The Society for Community Organisation, at Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
- Participated in the "Gandhi Memorial Day Peace March" by Gandhi Memorial Museum.
- Involvement and Voluntary service in the Maha Lok Adalat & Mediation and Conciliation Meet, conducted by Madurai Bench of Madras High Court Bar Association.
- Participated as a Competitor in the "Inter Collegiate Talent Competition for the Visually Impaired Students" conducted by Rotary Club of Madurai.
- Course on JAWS Computer Training Course in Rotary Helen Keller Talking Book Library.
Last Updated : 12-04-2017