Deogaonkar Anant(LL.M., LL.B., B.S.L., NET (in Law & Criminology))
Assistant Professor of Law (Sr. Scale) Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- He has participated in a one-week Faculty Development Programme organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar from 02-Nov to 07-Nov, 2015.
- He has participated in the "UGC - Sponsored Interactive Programme for Ph. D Scholars" organized by Academic Staff College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad from 16-Dec-13 to 05-Jan-14 and obtained Grade A.
- He has participated in the UGC - Sponsored Refresher Course in ICT-MD (Information Communication Technology-Multi-Disciplinary) organized by Academic Staff College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad from 21-Nov-12 to 11-Dec-12 and obtained Grade A.
- He has participated in the Half Day Round Table Conference on Addressing Child Malnutrition Issues in India: A need of the Hour, organized by Centre for Food Security & Agro Economy, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, on July 28, 2012
- He has attended the Teachers' Training Programme on Administration Of Criminal Justice, organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on July 14, 2012
- He has attended the Global Maritime Security and Anti-Piracy Conference 2011, organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat at Cambay, Hotels & Resorts, Gandhinagar on 26-27 November, 2011.
- He has participated in the National Conference on Surrogacy: Issues & Challenges, organized by Center for Private International Law, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on October 9, 2011.
- He has attended the "All Gujarat Law Teachers Training Programme" jointly organized by Commissionerate of Higher Education, Education Department, Government of Gujarat, Gandhinagar and Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on December 29, 2010 at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- He has participated in the National Seminar on "Emerging Issues in the Indian Legal Industry: The Road Ahead" organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on September 5, 2010.
- He has participated in the National Seminar on "Role of Babu Jagjivan Ram in Promoting Social Justice in India" and presented a paper on 'Contribution of Babu Jagjivan Ram in Promotion of Social Justice' conducted by The Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi and Sponsored by Babu Jagjivan Ram National Foundation, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, December 16-17, 2009.
- He has participated in the 64th UGC - Sponsored Orientation Programme held at Academic Staff College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad from 26-Oct-09 to 22-Nov-09.
- He has participated and presented a research paper on 'Environmental Protection through Public Interest Litigation in India' in a National Seminar on "Law and Urbanization in India : Issues and Challenges" organized by Indian Institute of Public Administration and Sponsored by Ministry of Urban Development, Govt. of India, March 21, 2009 at Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
- He has participated in the'12th International Conference on Consumer Law' organized by NALSAR University of Law in association with International Association of Consumer Law, February 25-27, 2009 at NALSAR University of Law, Justice City, Shameerpet, Hyderabad (India).
- He has participated in the UGC Sponsored State Level Seminar on 'Quality Based Legal Education in the Modern Perspectives' December 21, 2006 at Shri. Shivaji Law College, Parbhani, Maharashtra.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
Training Programme(s) Attended :
- He has participated in a one-week Faculty Development Programme organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar from 16-May to 21-May, 2016.
- He has worked as a Co-coordinator for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th GNLU & BPRD Five-Day Police Training Programme on 'Latest Rulings with Regard to Criminal Laws' organized by Bureau of Police Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India and Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar during 19-23 March 2010, 21-25 April 2010, 5-9 June 2010 & 27-31 July 2010 at Gujarat Police Academy, Karai, Gandhinagar. The said Training Programme was attended by Police Officers (SHOs/Inspectors and Dy. SP) of the State of Gujarat.
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- He has organized a visit for the Fifth year students of Under-Graduate Programme - LL.B. to the High Court of Gujarat, Ahmedabad on 5 - 7 February, 2014 and to Ahmedabad Central Jail during 4 - 6 March, 2014. He has also arranged a visit for the students to Adalaj Police Station on February 26, 2014.
- He has participated as a member of the team for a visit to Sabarmati Central Jail, arranged by Dr. K.C. Raval, Director, School of Law, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, along with staff and students of Post-Graduate Programme-LL.M., on October 25, 2013.
- He has attended "A Short Term Course for Ph. D. Scholars" during 02 to 04 September, 2013 organized by UGC - Academic Staff College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad and has successfully completed the Course.
- He has visited Sangli District Prison and Open Prison Colony at Atpadi, Sangli as a student of Post - Graduate Programme - LL.M., arranged by Dr. Naresh Waghmare, Assistant Professor, Department of Law, University of Pune in 2006.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Journal Article (s): Challenges Related to Human Trafficking, IILS Law Review, VOL. 3 No. 1, December 2016, pp. 7-18. [ISSN: 2320-5318]
- 'Responsibility of States in International Law for Treatment of Aliens' in Dr Bimal N Patel & Dr Mamata Biswal (eds), Law, Development and Socio-Economic Policy (Challenges in the 21st Century India), Eastern Book Company, Lucknow, 2012, pp 81-93. [ISBN: 93-5028-723-4].
- His paper on 'Contribution of Babu Jagjivan Ram in the Promotion of Social Justice', is published in the book "Role of Babu Jagjivan Ram in Promoting Social Justice in India", edited by Dr Lokendra Malik & Dr Kusum Lata and published by Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi, 2010.
- His research paper on 'Issues and Challenges vis-vis Cyber Crime', is published in the Souvenir of Nehru Memorial P.G. Law College Rajasthan, 2008.
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Criminal Law
- International Law
- Law of Crimes
- Principles of Criminal Law
- The Code of Criminal Procedure
- Criminology and Penology
- International Criminal Law
Current Research Interest:
- Criminal Justice Reforms
- He has been the Head of the Equal Opportunity Cell and Member: Secretary (Coordinator) of the GNLU Advisory Committee for Remedial Coaching for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Minorities
- He has contributed to the "GNLU inputs on Section 498A of the Indian Penal Code" by providing views and suggestions to the Law Commission of India.
- Life Member, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
- Life Member, Institute of Constitutional and Parliamentary Studies, New Delhi.
Guest Lectures :
- He has delivered two lectures on, 'State Responsibility', for students of the Post-Graduate Programme - one year LL.M. at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on September 28, 2013.
- He has delivered three lectures as part of the Ph.D. course work on, 'Sources of International Law', for students of the Post - Graduate Programme - LL.M. at School of Law, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad during July, 2013 to September, 2013.
Research Projects / Article Papers
- Research Project(s) ongoing: Research Project tilled, 'Criminal Justice Reforms: An Empirical Survey of Implementation of Justice Malimath Committee Recommendations in Gujarat', conducting empirical research as a Principal Investigator (PI) for a short term research project (November-May 2017).
- Research Report(s): Research Report titled, 'Implementation and Pendency of Justice Malimath Committee (2003) Recommendations', submitted to Mr. Justice Chauhan, Hon'ble Chairman, Law Commission of India (October, 2016)
- Research Report(s): Research Report titled, 'Recommendations for Criminal Justice Reform Emanating from Supreme Court and High Court Case Law', submitted to Mr. Justice Chauhan, Hon'ble Chairman, Law Commission of India (October, 2016).
- He has been a member of the Research Team for a research paper on "Brief Critical Analysis of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013", submitted to Government of Gujarat (January - March, 2014).
- He has been a member of the Research Team for a research paper on "The State of U.P. through C.B.I. v. Rajesh Talwar & Another (Aarushi Talwar Murder Case)", submitted to Government of Gujarat (January - March, 2014).
Teaching / Academic Experience :
- He has been teaching Law of Crimes (IPC) & Criminal Procedure Code (Cr. PC) at the Under-Graduate Program (LL.B.) since 2008 and Fundamental Rights and Social Justice & Constitutional Bodies at the Post-Graduate Program (LL.M.) since 2014.
- He brings to the Gujarat National Law University a 10 years teaching experience of progressively academic experience in Criminal Law, International Law, Constitutional Law and Comparative Criminal Procedure. He has taught and held responsible posts such as an Acting Principal & Secretary in HRSPM's Law college, Pune and has also been a faculty for Department of P.G. studies in V.N Patil Law college, Aurangabad.
- Mr. Deogaonkar has passed the NET Examination for Lectureship conducted by University Grants Commission, New Delhi in Criminology held in December-2005 and also the NET Examination for Lectureship in Law held in June-2006.
- He is pursuing research for Ph. D (Law) on 'Crime & Punishment: An Analytical Study with Special Reference to Sexual Offences in India', from Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
Other Accomplishments :
- 'Certificate Course in Applied Criminal Law and Procedure', was organized by Mr. Deogaonkar as Program Coordinator, from 24 August - 28 August 2014 (a five day program) in the University. This Certificate Course witnessed 122 participants, out of which 40 were external participants from different law universities and institutes across the country and 82 GNLU students. The Program was graced by the presence of seven eminent resource persons. Besides organizing the course Mr. Deogaonkar has also delivered lectures on several topics from criminal law.
- 'Certificate Program in Advanced Criminal Law and Procedure', was organized by Mr. Deogaonkar as Program Coordinator, from 17 February - 19 February, 2017 (a three day program) in the University. This Certificate Program witnessed more than 40 participants. The Program was graced by the presence of ten eminent resource persons.
- Presently working as Co-Convener, 'Student Disciplinary Committee', and 'Exchange, Scholarships & Awards Committee.
- UGC Coaching Schemes for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ Minorities Co-ordinated :He has Co-ordinated the UGC Coaching Schemes for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, OBC (non-creamy layer), Minorities in order to enhance the employability and success during the Eleventh Five Year Plan. He has conducted the Remedial Coaching for the under-graduates and post-graduates, Entry into Service and Coaching for NET/SLET Examinations from 4-April-12 to 13-April-12 & 30-July-12 to 13-Sept-12 wherein a total of 90 lectures were organized by internal & external faculty members.
- He has Co-ordinated the Consultation Programme on the Bill relating to Child Sexual Offences for the Western Region on "The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Bill, 2011," as introduced in the Rajya Sabha, Organized by National Law University, Delhi in association with National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) on June 3, 2011 at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar. The said Consultation Programme was attended by Ms Jayanti Ravi, Acting Secretary, WCD, Government of Gujarat; Ms Dipa Dixit, Member, NCPCR, New Delhi; Mr A.N. Tripathi, Secretary, MCPCR, Maharashtra; Academicians from various fields of law, NGO's and Students from GNLU.
- Students and Staff Related Socio Cultural and Sports Programme: He has participated in Carom and Chess events of "GNLU Indoor Faculty-Staff Olympiad 2011" organized at GNLU from May 16-19, 2011.
Personal/Family Details :
- Mr Deogaonkar is married with Mrs Sulbha Deogaonkar and has two daughters Priti and Vidhi.
Last Updated : 10-04-2017