Jagadeesh Chandra T. G.(M.B.A., M.Phil (Law), LLM, LLB, B.SC, UGC-NET)
Assistant Professor of Law Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : email@example.com
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Participated in the U.G.C. sponsored 84th Orientation Programme, organised by the Human Resource Development Centre (HRDC), Gujarat University from 18th November to 15th December, 2015 at Ahmedabad.
- Participated in a one-week Faculty Development Programme organised by GNLU from 2nd to 7th November 2015
- Participated at the Third International Conference on "Gujarat Model of Governance: Lesson & Future Scope" ICGS-2015 organised by Centre for Governance Systems, Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad in Collaboration with Yunnam Minzu University, Kunming, China 25-26 April, 2015 and Presented a paper (co-authored with William Nunes), entitled, 'The Gujarat Lokayukta: Need to Reform for Ensuring Transparency and Accountability n the Administration and for Upholding the Paramount Principle of Good Governance".
- Participated and presented a paper titled 'Agricultural Insurance for Ensuring Climate Change Justice in India with Special Reference to the State of Gujarat' in the International Conference On "Strengthening Climate Justice Initiatives: Livelihood Challenges at Local Level with a focus on Farmers" during 8-9 November, 2014, organized by Institute of Law, Nirma University, Gujarat.
- Participated and presented a paper titled "The Impact of Reverse Transnational Flows in the State of Gujarat: A Critical Study" in 2nd National Seminar on Interdisciplinary Approaches to Knowledge, organized by School of Liberal Studies, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, on April 3-4, 2014, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Participated in ICGS2014, GTU-CGS 2nd International Conference on "Corporate Governance: Contemporary Issues & Challenges in Indian Economic Environment" on March 14-15, 2014 at Gujarat Technological University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Participated and Presented paper titled "The Role of ICT for Access to Education among Disabled Students- Disabled but not Disqualified" in the 'National Level Seminar on Capacity Development in Learning Society' on March 10, 2014, held at S.R.K.D.K M.Ed. College, Palanpur and published with ISSN- 2321-7073
- Participated in International Conference on "Modern Corporate Laws: Understanding the Dynamism"-Within and Beyond the Legal Boundaries organised by GNLU Centre for Corporate and Competition Law on 5th-6th October 2013
- Participated and Presented paper titled, 'Nuclear Power and Sustainable Development in India: A Critique' in the International Conference on Law, Society and Sustainable Development: Problems and Prospects held on February 17-18th 2014 organized by Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Participated and Presented paper titled, 'Promoting Gender Equality and Women Empowerment: A Study of Disabled Women' in the International Conference on Women and Millennium Development Goals held on 13-14th 2014 organised by by Department of Social Work at Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda. Gujarat
- Participated in the workshop on 'Teaching of Law of Evidence' organized by National Law University, Delhi from 17th to 23rd June 2013
- Participated and Presented a paper titled, 'The Principles and Practice of Insurance for Nuclear Activities in India' in National Conference of Nuclear Activities, Insurance and Dispute settlement organized by Karnataka State Law University on 22-23 May 2013
- Participated in "International Conference on Trade and Competition Law" organized by the Gujarat National Law University on 2-3 of March-2013
- Presented a paper titled "Sociological aspects of the sexual offences on the alarming rise of rape incidents" in All India Criminology Conference of the Indian society of Criminology organized by National Law University, Delhi on 15-17 feb-2013
- Participated in UGC sponsored two days National Conference on "Indian Legal System: Contemporary challenges" organized by Karnatak University, Dharwad, Karnataka
- Participated in "Teachers' Training Programme on Administration of Criminal Justice" organized by Gujarat National Law University on 14th July 2012, at GNLU. Gandhinagar.
- Participated and Organized Two days International conference on "Journey of Women Empowerment: Miles to Go" held on 24th and 25th of March 2012 at Gujarat National Law University.
- As a member of Legislative Drafting Training Workshop Committee successfully organized 2012 Edition of LDTW and actively participated in this 5 Days workshop from 25th January 2012- 29th January 2012 at Gujarat National Law University.
- Participated in National Seminar on Surrogacy: Issues and Challenges, organized at Gujarat National Law University, on 9th October 2011
- Attended a First "GNLU International Conference on Trade and Competition Law"( a two-day International conference), GNLU, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India (5-6 March 2011)
- Attended a One-day National Seminar on 'Emerging Issues in the Indian Legal Industry: The Road Ahead', GNLU, Gandhinagar, Gujarat (15th September 2010)
- Attended a Two-day National workshop on "Legal Research Methodology" organized by the Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad on 7-8 May 2011
- Attended a "1stAll Gujarat Law Teachers Training Programme on Research Methodology" jointly organized by Commissioner ate of Higher Education, Education Department, Government of Gujarat in collaboration with Gujarat National Law University(29th Dec, 2010)
- Attended a "2ndAll Gujarat Law Teachers Training Programme on Law of Contracts" jointly organized by Commissioner ate of Higher Education, Education Department, Government of Gujarat in collaboration with Gujarat National Law University(15th Feb, 2011)
- Attended a Five-day "Legislative Drafting Training Workshop for the Western States of India", GNLU, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India (29th September 2010 to 3rd October 2010)
- Attended a "National Workshop on Private International Law" GNLU, Gandhinagar Gujarat, India ( 10th-11th April, 2010)
- Attended National Workshop on "Legal Research Methodology", Nirma Institute of Law, Ahmedabad, 7 - 8 May 2011.
- Attended National Seminar on "Democratization of Law making process in India" organized by University Law college in joint collaboration with Karnataka Institute of Law and Parliamentary Reforms.
- Attended Seminar on "Criminal Justice system in India" delivered by K.N.Chandrashekaran Pillai in B.M.S. College of Law.Bangalore.
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Constitutional Law
- Environmental Law
- Law of Insurance
Current Research Interest:
- Law of Insurance
- Criminal Law
Other Accomplishments :
- As a Resource Person, he delivered lecture on the topic 'Law of the Crimes-General Principles' as a part of GNLU Competitive Exam Guidance Committee's Special Lecture Series on 'UGC NET and SET Examination Parts-II & III' organised by GNLU during 22-23 August 2015.
- As a Resource Person, he delivered lecture on the topic 'Insurance Law' as a part of GNLU Indian Business and Commercial Laws Academy (GIBCLA) Summer School 2015' organised by GNLU during 06 July-26 July 2015.
- As a Resource Person, he delivered lecture on the topic 'Guidelines on Access to Biological Resources and Associated Knowledge and Benefits Sharing Regulations, 2014' in the Capacity Building Workshop on the 'Role of Legal Stakeholders in Strengthening and Implementation of the Biological Diversity Act with Special Focus on ABS Provisions' organised by Gujarat National Law University through the National Project on Access and Benefit Sharing under the UNEP-GEF-MoEF Project on "Strengthening the Implementation of the Biological Diversity Act, 2002 and Rules, 2004, with focus on its Access and Benefit Sharing Provisions" with the cooperation of National Biodiversity Authority and in partnership with Gujarat Biodiversity Board held on 16th May, 2015.
- As a Resource Person, delivered a lecture on the topics 'Carriage of Goods by Sea' and 'Limitation of Liability in International Maritime Academy Organized by Gujarat National Law University in collaboration with the National Maritime Foundation, New Delhi during 14-21 March, 2015.
- As a Resource Person, delivered a lecture on 'Legal Provisions for Handling Unlawful Assemblies. Laws Restricting and Regulating Unlawful Assemblies' and 'Protections Available to Police Officers While Handling Public Order Problems' in a Vertical Interaction Course (Public Order & Use of Non-lethal Weapons) Organized by Internal Security Academy, Central Reserve Police Force, Mount Abu for I.P.S. Officers with minimum of four years, State Police Officers with minimum of 10 years service during 02-04 February, 2015.
- Worked as a full time lecturer for a period of one year in Panchami College of Law, Bangalore and he has taught constitutional Law for students pursuing competitive exams. Practiced as an Advocate for a period of one year handling various cases both in civil and criminal matters.
- Member of Examination Committee
- Member of Moot Court Committee
- Member of Centre for Environmental Law
- Member of Centre for Private International Law
- Member of Legislative Drafting Training Committee
- Faculty Advisor, The GNLU Law Review
- Worked as a Class-coordinator
- Worked as a Ex-afficio member of SDC
Last Updated : 16-06-2016