Biswal Mamata(PhD (Law), LLM, LLB, B.SC, UGC-NET)
Professor of Law Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Presented Research Paper (International Level)
- Dr. Mamata Biswal has presented a research paper on Insider Trading and Effectiveness of the Regulatory Measures in India in the 2nd International Conference on 'Corporate Governance: Contemporary issues and challenges in the Economic Environment 'organised by Gujarat Technological University on 14th and 15th of March,2014.
- Presented a paper titled, 'Overlooking the Corporate Social Responsibility by the Multi National Companies: An unconstructive Approach in India' in the International CSR Conference being organised at Bangkok, CSR International, 2013 from 3rd June to 6th June,2013.
- Presented a paper (In Absentia) on 'Religious Diversity and Conflicts in Personal Laws in India' - Decade Long Battle for Uniform Civil Code in the 7th Asian Law Institute (ASLI) Conference held at the International Islamic University Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur on 25th and 26th May 2010.
- Presented a paper on 'Women's Right in the Sphere of Law - A Critical Analysis on National and International Perspective' in the International Conference on Women, Work and Health organised by the National Commission for Women UGC centre for Women's studies, MS University, Udaipur on 30-31 March, 2010.
- Presented Research Paper (National Level)
- Dr. Mamata Biswal has presented a research paper on Corporate Governance Norms for the listed companies in acquiescence with the Companies Act, 2013 - An Analytical approach in the National Seminar on 'Corporate Governance: Recent Trends and Developments' on 15th November 2014 organised by MAHARAJA AGRASEN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (MAIMS), Center for Corporate Governance,New Delhi.
- Presented a paper titled "Issue of Securities and Regulatory Haziness in India'- Emergent Legal Concerns in the National Conference on 'Corporate Justice: Legal Issues and Challenges' organised by the school of corporate Law, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) on 27th and 28th November, 2013 and chaired the technical session on Corporate Governance.
- Presented a paper on,' Expanding the horizon of corporate Accountability Towards Human Rights Aspect' in the UGC sponsored Conference on, 'Challenges and Prospects of Human Rights in the 21st Century' organised by G.E.S's Shri Bhausaheb Vartak College, Borivli (W), Mumbai and held on 15th and 16th of Feb, 2013.
- Attended and Contributed one presentation on,' Winding Up of company and procedure in India' in the one day Brain Storming Session held on 12th March, 2013,in the Conference Hall of the office of Official Liquidator, meant for the training of the officers of the official liquidator as per the direction of the Delhi High Court (DB). (Organised by ICLS Academy, IICA and Official Liquidator's office, New Delhi.
- Attended and presented a discussion paper on, 'Voluntary Winding up and Company Court Rules ' in the two days Brainstorming session on Training Module for Officers and Officials of Official Liquidator Attached to High court Delhi on 01-04-2012 and 02-04-2013 organised by the Office of Official Liquidator (Delhi) and ICLS Academy (IICA) .
- Presented a Paper on 'Consumer Protection Laws : Emerging Issues and Challenges in the 21st Century'- Indian Perspective in the National Seminar on Consumer Protection in India: Lessons Learnt and Future Challenges (19-20 November,2009) organised by The Centre for Consumer Studies, The Indian Institute of Public Administration.
- Presented a Paper on Right to Information for a Better Democracy: An urgent Need to prevent the Misuse of RTI-A Critical Analysis in the National Conference on Educational Reforms: Insights and Analysis on October 1-3, 2010 held at Aishwarya College, Udaipur.
- Presented a Paper on 'The Significant Role of Corporate Sector in the course of Globalisation of Trade and Corporate Social Responsibility': An Analytical Approach in the Indian Perspective in the national conference on corporate social responsibility - issues & challenges organised by Maratha Mandir's Baba Saheb Gawde Institute of Management, Mumbai on 26th march, 2011.
- Presented a paper on Women, Socio Religious Practices and Injustice in the Indian Perspective ':A pragmatic approach to the Judicial Response in the Post Constitutional Era in the National Colloquium on 'Right to Health-With special Reference to Health ,organised by National Human Rights Commission and M IT Laxmangarh, Rajasthan and the discussion area was Surrogacy.
- Presented a paper on Protection of Rights of the Surrogate Child: An Appraisal on Legal Issues & Challenges in the Indian Perspectives' in the National Seminar on Surrogacy organised by GNLU on 9th of October 2011.
- Presented a paper on 'Judicial Response towards Social Transformation in the light of Tort Law- Indian Perspectives' in the UGC sponsored National Seminar organised by the Madhu Sudan Law College on 17th and 18th of December 2011.
Seminar(s) Attended / Participated:
- Participation (International)
- Participated in ASIL Conference, University of Tokyo, Japan on 1st and 2nd of August, 2009.
- Attended the International Seminar organized by Gujarat National Law University on 31st of January, 2009.
- Participation (National)
- Prof.(Dr.) Mamata Biswal has contributed a research paper on, 'Statutory Recognition to Corporate Social Responsibility and Legal Implications in India: A Critique' in the 4th International Conference on Dynamism and Contemporary Practices of Business Management on 5th December, 2015 organised by VIPSAR, Indore.
- Dr. Mamata Biswal has presented a research paper on Corporate Governance Norms for the listed companies in acquiescence with the Companies Act, 2013 - An Analytical approach in the National Seminar on "Corporate Governance: Recent Trends and Developments" on 15th November 2014 organised by MAHARAJA AGRASEN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (MAIMS), Center for Corporate Governance ,New Delhi.
- Attended and contributed in the Session on 9th May, 2013 as an Expert Member of the Committee for framing of the Modules and Structure of the written material including the methodology of teaching through lectures, PPT, Case Study and Problem Solving.
- Participated in the National Seminar on Emerging Issues in the Indian Legal Industry: Road Ahead organised by Gujarat National Law University on 5th September 2010.
- 1st All Gujarat Law Teachers Training Programme on 29th Dec, 2010.
- 2nd All Gujarat Law Teachers Training Programme on 15th Feb, 2010.
- Participated in the Golden Jubilee National Conference organized by Indian Society for International Law in March, 2008.
- Attended the National Conference of GNLU in September, 2008.
- Participated in the IPR Summit organized by Ahmedabad Management Association on 18th and 19th of January, 2009.
- Attended the National Conference organized by Gujarat National Law University on 20th March, 2009.
- Attended UGC Sponsored National Conference conducted by Utkal University, on 11-12, November, 2006.
- Attended Regional Teacher Training Programme conducted by joint collaboration of GNLU and ICRC 19.07.2006 to 21.07.2006.
- Attended UGC-REFRESHER Course Conducted by the Indian Society of International Law 06.09.2004 to 25.9.2004.
Paper(s) Presented :
- Dr. Mamata Biswal has presented a paper titled, 'Mandatory Compliance of Corporate Social Responsibility in India: Is it Economic compliance or Social responsibility?' in the 4th International conference on CSR and Sustainable Development organised by SERD at Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) on 30-31st of May,2016.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- She has published a paper on "Company Litigation and Jurisdictional Issues: An Incessant Challenge in India" in in Supreme Court Cases at (2017) 2 SCC J-19
- Paper titled, ' Mandatory Compliance of Corporate Social Responsibility in India: Is it Economic compliance or Social responsibility?' has been published in the proceeding on 'CSR and Sustainable Development' bearing ISBN number 978-1-944820-49-7.
- Corporate Governance Norms for the Listed Companies in a Acquiescence with the Companies Act, 2013 - An Analytical Approach - MAIMS Journal of Management - Special Issue on Corporate Governance, Vol. 9 No. 2, ISSN - 22490116
- The Presented paper titled, 'Overlooking the Corporate Social Responsibility by the Multi National Companies An unconstructive Approach in India' in the International CSR Conference is being published in the proceeding titled, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development (CSR-2013) bearing the ISBN no-
- One paper on International Sale and Convention on Contracts for International Sales of Good (CISG)-An Overview has been published in the GNLU Group Publication.(Law, Development and Socio-Economic Policy (Challenges in the 21st Century India)Easterrn Book Publication, ISBN-935026723-4
- The paper on Significant Role of Corporate Sector in the Course of Globalisation of trade and CSR-An Analytical Approach ,is being published in the book titled Corporate Social Responsibility-Issues and Challenges, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd,ISBN- 978-81-8424-681-0 .
- A paper titled, Prevention and Oppression and Mismanagement in the Corporate Houses: Conceptual Analysis in the Indian Context, Gujarat Law Journal, Vol II, Issue II, @012,ISSN No-2249-9644
- Reservation Policy -A Mystery of Sorts in Career Economy, a National Magazine, February 2007.
- WTO-A Decade of Evolution in Career Economy, A national magazine Annual Issue, 2004.
- Women In the Sphere of Law-National and International Perspectives-has been published in the National Law News, April-September,2010, Vol-13-14, ISSN: 0976-4305
- A paper titled,'An Attempt to look into the Future of Competition Laws in India' Soliciting Changes (Joint publication) -has been published in the Selected Civil Decisions, March 2010, Vol. I Part No 3.
- A Paper titled 'Good Governance V Right to Information Law in India: An Efficacious Contrivance for a Better Democracy-Problems and Prospects' has been published in the multidisciplinary quarterly International Refereed Research Journal,Vol 1 Issue 3, July 2011.. (ISSN No-2231-413X)
- A paper titled 'Women Entrepreneurship-A New Facet of Women Empowerment'- A Critical Appraisal on the Legislative Response to the Contemporary Issues and Challenges of Women Entrepreneurship has been published in the book Management issues and options, Babasaheb Gawde institute of Management studies, Mumbai, ISBN 9789350670569, pg 41.
- A paper titled ' Surrogacy: Social Dimensions and Legal Ramification' has been published in the edited book Live in Relationship and Surrogacy : Legal Implications and Social Issues. ISBN No-978-81-910389-6-5,p-100
Books Reviewed / Edited :
- Book Review: Reviewed one Book on Law and Gender - A Quest for Justice by the Oxford University Press India in the month of November,2010.
- Edited the book titled Live in Relationship and Surrogacy: Legal Implications and Social Issues. ISBN No-978-81-910389-6-5,p-100
- Edited the Seminar Proceeding of International Seminar on, 'Journey of Women Empowerment: Miles to Go' organised by GNLU on 24th and 25th March 2012.ISBN No: 978-81-910389-5-8
- Edited the GNLU Group Publication.(Law, Development and Socio-Economic Policy (Challenges in the 21st Century India) Easterrn Book Publication, ISBN-935026723-4
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Gender Justice
- International Trade Law
- Prof. (Dr.) Mamata Biswal, Professor of Law and Dean - Academic Affairs at GNLU, has been awarded the Senior Fellowship in Law by the Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR) for the year 2016-17. Her topic of research is "Legal Challenges before India to ratify the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) - A Critical Analysis". Dr. Biswal is among the 28 candidates who have been awarded the Senior Fellowship Grant by the ICSSR.
- Life member in Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
- Member of the Executive Council, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Member in the Women Cell, Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum University.
- Member of the RDC, Ph.D Programme,GNLU.
- Honorary Legal advisor in 'Conscious India' a national level NGO
- Deputy Dean (Academic Affairs) Gujarat National Law University (2010-2011, Academic Session)
- Coordinator of the LLM Programme (GNLU)
- Faculty Editor in the Journal (Bi Annual) Developing World Review on Trade and Competition (DWRTC) published by GNLU.
Guest Lectures :
- She has delivered sessions on the topics "Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement" on 9th March, 2015 for the Indian Corporate Law Service, Probationary Officers (5th Batch) of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Teaching / Academic Experience :
- UG: Eleven years and four months.
- PG: Six years.
Other Accomplishments :
- Dr. Mamata Biswal has visited the University of Illinois (College of Law), USA as a visiting scholar (Corporate Law) in the month of July,2015. She has carried out one research on different aspects of US Company Law.' During her visit, she had a presentation and discussion on Legal writing and Research in India.
- She has coordinated for a 3 days Capsule Course w.e.f. 09th March 2015 to 11th March 2015 covering the topics "Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement, Mergers, Amalgamations and Acquisitions" conducted on behalf of Gujarat National Law University for ICLS Academy, IICA at Manesar, Gurgaon for the Indian Corporate Law Service, Probationary Officers (5th Batch) of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Dr. Mamata Biswal has been invited as an expert- member academic for the Civil Judge Cadre Examination, 2013 by the Rajasthan High Court.
- Participated as a Resource person in the Consultancy Programme organized by Jamia Milia Islamia University and HRLN to Formulate The Policy on Sexual Harassment for all the Universities of India in March,2009.
- Has been a Panel in the All Women Police Officer's Seminar on, 'Gender Realities and Understanding Laws related to Women' on 28th March,2011 and discussion area was 'Working Women and Vishaka Guidelines' for the session Vishaka Guidelines.
- Has been a Panel for the session Family Laws , PWDVA and Women status in the All Women Police Officer's Seminar on, 'Gender Realities and Understanding Laws related to Women' on 29th March,2011 and discussion area was Women under Family Law of India -Special reference to the Hindu Succession Amendment (2005).
- Has been a Guest Speaker in the sensitization programme organized by the District Legal Services Authority, Ganjam, Orissa on World Child Labour Day.
- Has been a Panel and Chaired the 6th session of the National Colloquium on 'Right to Health-With special Reference to Women's Right to Reproductive Health: A Human Right Perspective' on April 16-17,2011, organised by National Human Rights Commission and M IT Laxmangarh, Rajasthan and the discussion area was Surrogacy.
- Chaired the 4th session of the International Conference organised by Gujarat National Law University on 31st Jan, 2009.
- Co-Chaired one session of the National Seminar 'Consumer Protection Laws: Emerging Issues and Challenges in the 21st Century'- Indian Perspective in the National Seminar on Consumer Protection in India: Lessons Learnt and Future Challenges (19-20 November,2009) organised by The Centre for Consumer Studies, The Indian Institute of Public Administration.
Last Updated : 25-04-2017