Malik Aruna Kumar(PhD (Political Science), PGDHR, M.Phil., M.A., UGC-NET)
Assistant Professor of Political Science Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Participated in the workshop on "Role of Legal Stakeholders in Strengthening and the Implementation of the Biological Diversity Act with Special Focus on ABS Provisions" Organised by Gujarat National Law University through the National Project on Access and Benefit Sharing under the United Nation Environment Programme- Global Environment Facility-Ministry of Environment & Forests [UNEP-GEF-MoEF] Project with the cooperation of National Biodiversity Authority and in partnership with Gujarat Biodiversity Board held on 27th September 2014.
- Organised an International Conference on "India's Foreign Relations - Southeast Asia and the Indian Ocean: Strengthening the Political, Economic, Security and Cultural Prospects" Organizing by Centre for Foreign Policy and Security Studies Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar in collaboration with Indian Council of World Affairs, New Delhi, 12th & 13th September 2014.
- Nominated as the Faculty Member of the Global Maritime Security and Anti-Piracy Conference 2011, Organised by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, on 26th and 27th December 2011.
- Participated in the International Conference on "Global Maritime Security and Anti-Piracy Conference 2011", Organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, on 26th and 27th December 2011.
- "Integrated Maritime Defense Policy and Strategy of India: Some Critical Ideas for Preparing a Blue-Print for India", Joint paper by Bimal N. Patel, Aruna kumar Malik, Soumya Priyadarshinee and Udita Kanwar, Global Maritime Security and Anti-Piracy Conference, GNLU, Gandhinagar, 26 November 2011.
- Participated "5th All Gujarat Law Teachers' Training Programme" jointly organized by Commissionerate of Higher Education, Education Department, Government of Gujarat, Gandhinagar and Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, 19th November 2011.
- Participated in the first national seminar on International Relations "Shifting Sands: India in the Changing Global Order", organized by Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi, 22nd and 23rd October 2011.
- Participated in the National Conference on "Surrogacy: Issues and Challenges", organized by Centre for Private International Law at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, 9th October 2011.
- Participated 4th All Gujarat Law Teachers' Training Programme organized by Gujarat Legal Education Project (GLEP) team at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, 3rd September, 2011.
- Participated and Presented a paper on "Protecting Peoples' Health: An Assessment of Indo-US Cooperation" Seminar on Indo-US Relations: Nine Months Post President Obama Visit, organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagr, and Indian Council of World Affairs, New Delhi, 21st August 2011.
- Participated 3rd All Gujarat Law Teachers' Training Programme organized by Gujarat Legal Education Project (GLEP) team at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, 19th August, 2011.
- Participated in the "International Conference on Water Policy in South Asia", at Colombo, Organized by SaciWaters, Colombo, Sri Lanka. dated on 15-20 December 2008.
- Attended two day workshop 'Studying Politics versus Doing Politics', Organized by Department of Political Science, 5th & 6th April 2010, University of Hyderabad.
- Attended a Symposium on 'Right to Free and Compulsory Education' Organized by Centre for Human Rights and Political Science, 24th March 2010, University of Hyderabad.
- Attended a national seminar on 'Exclusionary Perspectives for Muslims & Marginalized Groups', Organized by Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy, 22nd -24th February 2010, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad.
- Attended a national seminar on 'Human Rights in India: Dalits and Minorities', Organized by Centre for Human Rights, 20th -21st February 2010, University of Hyderabad.
Paper(s) Presented :
- Presented a paper on "Relevance of Ambedkar: Social Movements in India", in the National Seminar on 'The Contemporary Relevance of Social and Political Thought of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar' Organised by Mahatma Gandhi Labour institute, Ahmedabad, 19-20 March, 2016.
- Presented a paper on "E-Governance: A Diffusion Model' in the Third International Conference on "Gujarat Model of Governance: Lessons & Future Scope" ICGS-2015 organised by Centre for Governance Systems, Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad, in Collaboration with Yunnan Minzu University, Kunming, China 25-26 April, 2015.
- Presented a paper on "Emerging Models in Citizen-Centric Administration", in the 2nd national seminar on 'Interdisciplinary Approaches to Knowledge' Organised by School of Liberal Studies, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, 3-4 April, 2014.
- Presented a paper on "Revitalization of Social Movements in Odisha", in the national seminar on 'Post-Independence Odisha Politics: Problems and Prospects' Organised by P.G. Department of Social Science, Fakir Mohan University, Vyasa Vihar, Nuapadhi, Balasore, 27-28 January, 2013.
- Presented a paper on "Development Paradigm: Myth or Reality", national seminar on 'social development in Gujarat and India: Retrospect and Prospect' in 20th Conference of Gujarat Sociological Society, Sponsored by ICSSR-WRC, Mumbai and Organised by School of Social Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, 19-20 January 2013.
- Presented a paper on "What Makes Panchayati Raj Institutions Accountable", Indian Political Science Association, 54th All India Conference on "Emerging Nature of Indian Politics" Organized by Department of Public Administration, University of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, December 28-30, 2011.
- Presented a paper on "Protecting Human Rights in Democracy: What Role For the Courts", National Seminar on "State, Democracy and Citizenship Issues and Challenges" being Organized by Department of Sociology, University of Pune, UGC (ASHISS Programme) 14th & 15th March 2011.
- Presented a paper on 'Political Access to health and education: A case of Odisha', National Seminar on "Growing Urbanization-Basic Amenities: Challenges & Strategies" being organized by the Department of Population Studies & Social Work, S.V. University, Tirupati on February 24th & 25th 2011.
- Presented a paper on 'Political Assessment on Water Governance', Organized by The Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE), 5th Biennial Conference, January 21-23, 2009, University of Delhi Enclave, Delhi - 110007.
- Presented a paper on 'Changing Economic Opportunities for Dalit in the Era of Globalization' in the National Seminar on "Social Exclusion, Poverty and Livelihood of marginalized groups in India- need for effective inclusive strategies" organized by Centre for study of social exclusion and inclusive policy, Mangalore University dated on 24th and 25th September 2008.
- Presented a paper in National Seminar on "Globalization and inclusive growth" organized by BIMTECH and NUEPA, Greater Noida, New Delhi. Paper title was "Issues of Justifiability and Inequality of Global Health: Rethinking of Human Rights with Special Reference to Right to Health", May 2-4, 2008.
- Presented a paper in National Seminar on "State and Human Rights", organized by Academic Staff College of India, University of Hyderabad, 2005.
- Presented a paper in National Seminar on "Socio-economic consequence of HIV/AIDs patient in India", organized by National Institute of Rural Development, Hyderabad, 2006.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Participated and successfully completed the One-week Faculty Development Programme Organised by, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, 2nd November, 2015 to 7th November, 2015.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Social Sciences (Political Science), conducted by Human Resource Development Centre (HRDC) [formerly, Academic Staff College], Gujarat University, Ahmedabad from 18th November 2015 to 8th December, 2015.
- Participated in the Orientation Course in Social Science Research, sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi organized by Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research, Ahmedabad, from 13th - 17th January 2014.
- Attended 14th UGC-Orientation Course, conducted by UGC Academic Staff College, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad, from 4th April 2012 to 1st May 2012.
- Invited as a resource person for one day workshop on Creating Awareness on Higher Education and Employment Opportunities for students belonging to marginalized section sponsored by RUSA and organized by Government Arts College, Amirgadh, Banaskantha, Gujarat, 14th March 2015.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Bimal N Patel , Aruna Kumar Malik and William Nunes, (Editors); Indian Ocean And Maritime Security: Competition, Cooperation And Threat, Routledge, London & New York, 2017
- Aruna Kumar Malik and William Nunes, Revisiting Maritime Security in The Indian Ocean: A Note on Current Scenario in Bimal N Patel , Aruna Kumar Malik and William Nunes (Eds.) Indian Ocean And Maritime Security: Competition, Cooperation and Threat, Routledge, London & New York, 2017
- Political Science-I, Co-authored by Wlliam Nunes and Ravi Saxena published by LexisNexis, ISBN: 978-93-5143-702-4, New Delhi-2016.
- Joint paper on 'Emerging Golden Era of Indo-Japanese Bilateral Relations', working paper no. 001, Centre for foreign policy and security studies, Gujarat National Law University, Gujarat, 2013.
- "Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women: Beijing Conference 1995", (Study Material for Distance Education), Vikas Publication House, Noida, UP, 2013.
- Universalistic Approach to Human Rights and Third World Perspectives: (Study Material for Distance Education), Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University, Guwahati, ISBN 978-93-2596567-6, Vikas Publishing House Pvt. 2013.
- Human Rights Standard for Right to Health, Published by Concept Publishing Company Pvt. Ltd., ISBN-978-81-8069-854-5, New Delhi, 2012.
- Gender and Human Rights: Sonia Cardenas, Conflict and Compliance: State Responses to International Human Rights Pressure (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2007, 188 pp., 36.50 hbk) Millennium - Journal of International Studies, 2009, 38: 477-478.
- "Issues of Justiciability and Inequality: Rethinking of Human Rights with Special Reference to Right to Health", Indian Journal of Political Science Vol. LXXI, No. 4, Oct-Dec., 2010.
- "Human Rights: Theoretical Prospective of Right to Health", Orissa Political Science Journal, Vol. 4, Numbers 1&2 July-Dec-2010
- Socio-economic Consequence of HIV/AIDS Patient in India: A Study of Coastal Districts in Orissa, Book Edited by S.K. Bhanj and Chennadurai, Published by NIRD Publication, Hyderabad, 2008.
- "Political Assessment of Water Governance" Published by The Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE), the paper has been presented in the 5th Biennial Conference, during January 21-23, 2009, University of Delhi Enclave, Delhi - 110007, for detail and full-length paper please refer web site: http://www.ecoinsee.org/index.htm, 2008.
- "Right to Health", 'Indian Journal of Human Rights', Vol. 8, Numbers 1&2, Jan-Dec. 2004.
Books Reviewed / Edited :
- Indo-USA Relations: With Special Reference to Post Obama Visit, Published by Shreevallabh Printers, ISBN- 978-81-910389-4-1, Ahmedabad, 2012
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Political Theory,
- Political Thought,
- International Relations and Human Rights,
- Life Members (JAIRLM 316) of The Jadavpur Association of International Relations
- Editorial Board Member, International Relations and Diplomacy (ISSN 2328-2134), David Publishing Company, USA
- Life Member, Indian Political Science Association, Registration No. 2550
- Life Member, Orissa Political Science Association
- Member in the Board of Faculty Editors, GNLU Journal of Law, Development and Politics.
- Life Member, Gujarat Sociological Society
- Life Member, Odisha Gabhesana Chakra, Bhubaneswar
Guest Lectures :
- Delivered a lecture on "Qualitative Data Analysis", invited by Centre for Human Development, Administrative Staff College of India, Bella Vista, Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad, 30th November 2011.
Teaching / Academic Experience :
- Four years
Work Experience :
- Working as an Assistant Professor of Political Science, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Worked as a Senior Research Associate in the Centre for Urban Governance at Administrative Staff College of India, Bella Vista, Hyderabad.
- Worked as a Research Associate in the Centre for Human Rights at University of Hyderabad.
- Worked as a Research Associate in the Centre for Human Resource Development at the National Institute of Rural Development, Rajendranagar, (Project on "Long Term Development Plan for Scheduled Tribes in the State of Goa").
- Selected for "Young Scholar Programme-5" at the IGIDR, Mumbai.
- Worked as a Research Associate at the SaciWATERs (South Asia Consortium for Interdisciplinary Water Resources Studies), S.P. Colony, Trimulgherry, Secunderabad. (Project on "Water and Health") 3rd March 2008 - 3rd January 2009.
- Worked as a Project Associate at the National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad (Project on 'PURA', Providing Urban Amenities in Rural Areas) 7th April 2007 - 27th November 2007.
- Worked as a Research Associate at the Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad. (Project on Nvivo-Software Package, Qualitative Data Analysis). 3rd May 2006-3rd March 2007
- Worked as a Research Assistant in Human Rights Programme (UPE Programme), at the University of Hyderabad.
- Worked as a Project Faculty at the Environment Protection Training and Research Institution (EPTRI), Gachibowli, Hyderabad, 2003.
- Worked as a lecturer in Sri Sidharath College, Mehedipatnam, Hyderabad, 2005.
- Attended in three day workshop on "HIV/AIDS in India", organized by National Institution of Rural Development, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
- Attended a Training Programme on "Capacity Building at Grass-root level" Organized by National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad
- Attended a Training Programme on "Health and Human Rights" Organized by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) and Centre for Enquiry and Health into Allied Themes (CEHAT), Bombay.
- Attended a Training Programme on "Computer Application in Social Sciences" Organized by Centre for Social Studies (CSS), Surat, sponsored by ICSSR
Personal/Family Details :
- Wife: Sujata Mallik
Last Updated : 09-01-2017