Ambati Nageswara Rao(Ph.D (Social Sciences), DSE, MA in Sociology & MSW)
Assistant Professor of Social Work Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : email@example.com
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Presented a paper titled "Role of Teachers in Creating Inclusive Environment for Students with Visual Impairment in Higher Education Institutions" in NAAC sponsored National Conference on Higher Education in Post Globalization Scenario held at Gujarat Law Society, Ahmedabad, from April 12 to 13, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled 'Disclosing Disability of Students in Higher Education Institutions and Its impact on their Education experiences, in National Seminar on "Vision Education: 2025" held at Satyam College of Education, Bharuch, on February 27, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled 'Role of Legal Service Authorities in Implementation of Right to Education Act, 2009, in National Level Discussion meet on Supporting the Justiciability of the RTE, organized by National University of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi on February 22nd - 23rd, 20016.
- Presented a paper titled 'Educational and Occupational Aspirations of Students with Disabilities in Higher Education Institutions' in International Conference on Education - From Neolithic India to Contemporary World held at JG Group of Education College, Ahmedabad, on January 24th - 25th, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled 'Migration and Social problems in urban areas, presented paper at National Conference on Migrant Literature, Culture and Society: A Discourse on Homeland and Destination' was organised by Govind Ballabh Pant Social Science Institute, Allahabad in collaboration with GNLU, Gandhinagar on 3rd & 4th January, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled "Students with Disabilities in Higher Education: A Case study German University' at International Conference on Higher Education and Disability: Issues and challenges" organized by Bangalore University, on Feb 3rd - 5th, 2011.
- Presented a paper titled "Research on students with disabilities at higher education: Review presented at Holy Cross college, Trichirappalli, Tamil Nadu, International Rehabilitation Conference "Making Difference" on 10th - 12th December, 2008.
- Challenges faced by differently abled students in Higher education presented at Mother Teresa Women's University, Kodaikkanal, Tamil Nadu, International conference on Globalization and higher education, 2008.
- Presented a paper titled "Poverty and disability in India" International Conference on Eradication of poverty: Policy, issues and challenges, organized by Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, on 1st-3rd Oct, 2008
- Presented a paper titled "The use of Information and Communication Technology: Students with Disabilities" in National conference on ICT for differently-abled persons, organized by Mahatma Gandhi Labour Institute, Ahmadabad, 2008
- Presented a paper titled "Issues encountered by students with disabilities at higher education, in 2nd World University Forum, organized by IIT Mumbai, on January 16-18, 2009.
- Presented a paper titled "E-learning and learning resources provided to visually challenged students at higher education institutions in Andhra Pradesh, in International Conference on e-resources in higher education organized by Bharathidasan University, Tiruchy, on Feb 19-20, 2010.
- Presented a paper titles "Students with Disabilities in Higher Education: A Case study German University" in International Conference on Higher Education and Disability: Issues and challenges" organized by Bangalore University, on Feb 3-5, 2011
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
Training Programme(s) Attended :
- Participated and successfully completed the 'One Week Training Programme on Action Agenda for Change 2020' organized by MakeRoom India in collaboration with Indo-European Global Network at Green Path Eco-Hotel, Bangalore, from 3rd ? 9th October, 2016
- Organized a Two Day workshop on Counsellling Skills in Collaboration with Centre for Lifelong Learning, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai from 23rd ? 24th September, 2016 at GNLU, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Has participated and successfully completed the 'One Week Faculty Development Programme' organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, from 16th ? 21th May, 2016
- Participated in One Day Workshop on Grants for Non-Profit Organizations, Organized by Navjivan Center for Development, at Hotel Nalanda Hotel, Ahmedabad on 28th December 2014
- Attended two weeks "Faculty Development Programme in Entrepreneurship" at Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gandhinagar from 15-26 December 2014
- Attended a three days workshop on "Being Sociopreneur" origranised by Swayam Club, Nirma University in association with CIIE, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad on 23-26th November 2014
- Attended a Two Day National Level Workshop on "Research Papers writing and Publishing using LaTex", 8th-9th February, 2013 organized by Kaveri College of Science and Commerce, Pune on 8th & 9th February, 2013
- Attended a half day Round Table Conference on "Addressing Child Malnutrition Issues in India: A need of the Hour" organized by Centre for Food Security and Agro Economy of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on 28th July 2012.
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Organised a Two day Workshop and Competition on Social Entrepreneurship with the support of Legal Incubation Centre on 27 & 28 March 2015 at GNLU, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Attended a three days workshop on "Quantitative Research Methods: Questionnaire & SPSS for Data Analysis" Organized by LISSTAR, Nov 29th- Dec 1st 2012, Loyola College, Chennai
- Participated in the training workshop on "Using internet for Applied Development Research", organized by Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum and ICSSR Western Regional Centre, Mumbai, April 3-5 2009,
- Participated in the nine days course on Research Methodology titled 'Social Sciences Research Data Analysis and Writing', organized by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences and the SaciWATERs at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, Feb 2-10, 2010,
- Attended advanced Training on (Forced) Migration and Human Rights: Challenges and Approaches for European Citizenship Education, Organized by Network Migration Europea, Germany, Oct 27-31, 2010.
- Participated in one week Training Programme on "Qualitative Research: Theory and Application", organized by the ICSSR at Centre for Social Studies, Surat, Oct 2-9, 2011
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Perceptions of Students with Disabilities on Support Services Provided in Higher Education Institutions, International Journal of Sociological Research, Vol. 8 No.1-2 2015.
- (As co-author) Social Entrepreneurship: Ideas, Innovation and Enhancement; Contribution towards a Sustainable Development, Journal of Strategic and International Studies, Vol. 11, No 4, 2016
- 'Educational Experiences of Students with Disabilities in Higher Education: A Case Study of a Germany University', Chapter 20, published in the book 'Exploring Alterity in a Globalized World', Routledge publication, 2016.
- Educational and Occupational Aspirations of students with disabilities in higher education institutions in Andhra Pradesh, Special issues of Pramarjan Journal on International Conference on 'Education-From Neolithic India to Contemporary World, January 24 ? 25, 2016.
- Working conditions and Quality of life of Street Vendors in City of Ahmedabad, International Journal of Social Sciences, and Interdisciplinary Research, Vol. 4 (12), December 2015.
- 'Poverty, Disability and Social Exclusion in India', Chapter 9, published in the book 'Poverty and Social Exclusion in India: Issues and Challenges, Rawat Publication, 2013.
- Disability Development in India by Dr. J. P. Singh & Dr. M. K. Dash, published in Internal Journal of Humanities and Social Science Studies, Vol. 1, Issue -4, May 2015.
- Assessing the Life Satisfaction of Elderly Living in Old Age Homes in the City of Ahmedabad, Indian Journal of GERONTOLOGY, Vol. 29 No. 2, 2015
- Coping Strategies Used By Students with Disabilities in Managing Social and Higher Educational Experiences, the International Journal of Indian Psychology, Volume 2, Issue 3, No. 4, 2015
- Poverty and Disability in India, in Aparajita Chattopadhyay (Ed.) Poverty and Social Exclusion in India: Issues and Challenges, Rawat Publications, New Delhi, 2013
- Research on students with disabilities at higher education: Review, in Christopher, Sheila (Ed) Making a Difference, Excel publications, New Delhi, 2008
- 'Issues Encountered by Students with Disabilities at Higher Education', Journal of World Universities Forum, Common Ground publisher, Vol. 2, Melborn
- 'Poverty and Disability in India', Social Change, Journal of Council for Social Development, Sage Publication, March 2009.
- 'Policy and Provisional Services for Supporting Student with Disabilities in Higher Education Institution in Andhra Pradesh, India, Indian Journal of Social Development, Serials Publications, Vol.10, No.1, June 2010.
- "E-Learning and Learning Resources for Supporting Visually Challenged Students in Higher Education Institutions in Andhra Pradesh", in Srinivasaragavan, Ramganesh (Ed) e-Resources in Higher Education: Issues, Developments, Opportunities and Challenges, Bharathidasan University, India, 2011.
- University Teacher's Attitudes and Experiences of Teaching Students with Visual Impairments (SVIs), Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Vol (3), Issue 3 (March 2013)
- Paradigm shift in German disability policy and its impact on students with disabilities in higher education, International Journal of Social Sciences & Interdisciplinary Research, 2013
Books Reviewed / Edited :
- "Disability Studies in India : Retrospect and Prospects" by G. N. Karna, published in The Indian Journal of Social Work, Volume 70, Issue 4, October 2009.
- "An Insights into Dementia Care in India". by Leena Marry published in Asia Pacific Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, Routledge Publications, Vol. 2 (2), 2011
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Disability studies,
- ICT and Inclusive Education
- Social Work
- Inclusive education
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Tribals and elderly people
- Working as member of GNLU Research Council
- Working as member of Legal Service Committee
- Working as member of Equal Opportunity Cell
- Worked as member of Academic Curriculum Committee
Research Projects / Article Papers
- Working as Supervisor for Ph.D research scholars at GLS University, Ahmedabad.
- Minor project on "Young Women Social Entrepreneurship Development Programme 2015" funded by the British Council, in partnership with Diageo.
- Currently working on major research project on Right to Education Act, 2009 funded by the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, New Delhi, Government of India.
- Assisted Prof Amrapali Merchant in completion of major research project on "Legal Awareness among rural youth in the state of Gujarat" funded by Ministry of Social Welfare, New Delhi, Government of India.
Teaching / Academic Experience :
- UG: Over 4 years
Awards Received / Achievements :
- Won the send prize of "Being Sociopreneur" for presenting the best Social Business Model on "Waste management for a sustainable society" from the Piramal Foundation organized by Swayam Club, Nirma University in Association with CIIE, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad on 26th November 2014.
- Indian Council of Social Science Research Doctoral Fellowship for the year 2009-2010 under 'Open Category'
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Fellowship from Oct 2010 to Jan 2011 at Freie University, Germany
Other Accomplishments :
- Produced two short documentaries
- "Raise Your Voice" (4 min) : Focused on issues encountered by Students with Disabilities in Higher Education
- "We Are Every Where" (16 min) - It is all about paradigm shift in German disability policy and its impact on the lives of persons with disabilities.
- Professional activities
- Associate editor, The International Journal of Diversity in Organizations, Communities & Nations, Common Ground Publications, Melbourne, Vol. 9, 2010
- Associate editor, International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier Publication, Vol (32), Issue (3), May 2012
Last Updated : 25-11-2016