Sharma Richa(PhD, M.A., B.A.)
Assistant Professor of History Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- International Conference on Eco Friendly and Socially Responsive Economy and Equity: Issues and Challenges of 21st Century for Emergent Sustainable Development Amongst SAARC Countries, 9th - 11th January, 2017.
- Presented paper titled as Emphasis on Khushbu Gujarat Ki - A Case Study on the Maintenance of Historic Sits of Gujarat in National Conference on Emergence of Language Culture and Technologies by Sahitya Sansthan Institute of Rajasthan Studies at Udaipur From 7-9 November 2016.
- Participated in National Education Submit 2014 Organized by Vibrant Gujarat and presented paper on "Analyzing Proficient Outlook in patronizing Monumental Heritage of Gujarat: A Case Study of Patan, Sidhupur and Kutch.
- Represented GNLU as speaker to the National Seminar on "Making Child rights a Reality for every child in India" held on 9th and 10th April, 2013 at Mahatma Gandhi Labour Institute (MGLI), Ahmedabad. Presented paper on Child Education in Gujarat: Merits and Demerits
- Participated and presented a research paper in UGC and ICHR sponsored National Seminar on Mapping A City of Baroda Through the Ages held on 14-16 February 2011, Organised by Department of History, Faculty of Arts, the M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara titled as Public Health and Social Pattern : An Inquisition and introspection of Gaikwad House.
- Participated in a Workshop of Human Development Report on Kheda District , on 25th February 2011, Nadiayad organized by The Collectorate Office Nadiayad- Kheda District, The Human Development Department- Gandhinagar and SPIJER Ahmedabad and presented papere titled as "Gender Issues , Social Security , Women Empowerment and Social Justice in Kheda District"
- Guest Invitee to Presented a Paper on Indian Leadership in National Seminar organized by FOSAPAH (Forum of Scientists Aiming at Peace and Harmony) and presented paper Spiritual Leadership of India and Science of the Soul, 15th February 2009, Delhi
- Presented Paper, titled as Brief Narration of Separation of Power in Colonial India and conflict between Executive and Judiciary, State Level Seminar on Conflict between Judiciary and Legislature, sponsored by UGC at Patan Law College,31st January, 2009
- Worked as Moderator in International Conference on Indian History, Civilization and Geopolitics- ICIH 2009 organized by Indic Studies Foundation & Akhila Bhaarateeya Itihaasa Sankalana Yojanaa ,Imdian International Centre, New Delhi , 9 to 11 January 2009.
- Presented Research Paper, titled as Legacy and Fabrication of Indigenous Laws Nineteenth and Twentieth century British India, in International Conference on Indian History, Civilization and Geopolitics- ICIH 2009 organized by Indic Studies Foundation & Akhila Bhaarateeya Itihaasa Sankalana Yojanaa ,Indian International Centre, New Delhi , 9 to 11 January 2009.
- Participated in the international seminar in the Third Asian Conference of History of Medicines, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, between02-11-2006 to 04- 11-2006
- Presented Research Paper, titled as "System of Medicine in Kutch (1800 to 1947), in Gujarat Itihas Parishad, Bhuj-Kutch, 12 to 13 November 2005.
- Presented paper titled as "Human Values and Human Rights in Southern Africa", in National Seminar on Human Values and Human Right, Pt. J.L.N. Government College, Faridabad, 10 to 12 March 2005.
Seminar(s) Attended / Participated:
- Invited as Keynote Speaker in National Seminar of "Contemporary Research", Shri Patel Kelvani Mandal College of Technology and B.Ed, Junagadh on 5th March 2016.
- Staff Seminar: Legal Heritage and Modernization of Law in Asia: A Case Study of India and Japan on 21/5/2015.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Invited as Resource Person in SPIPA, Ahmedabad on 30 September -01 October, 2016 and delivered Lecture on Revised WADA Regulation 2015 and Sports Law in India: Emerging Issues and Challenges.
- Invited as resource person in Two Days Workshop on Legal Aspects in Sports, organised by Swarnim Gujarat Sports University at Sports Campus Vadodara on 14-15 October, 2015.
- Invited as Resource Person in International Workshop on Sustainability of the Higher Education Institutions on 20 June 2015 and delivered a talk on Higher Education System in Japan.
- Invited as Foreign Visiting Scholar/ Visiting Associate Professor at Osaka University. Delivered four student Seminar on Ancient Legal System and Sustainable Development in Law in India on 13/5/2015.
- Invited as Foreign Visiting Scholar/ Visiting Associate Professor at Osaka University. Delivered four student Seminar on Sources of Islamic Law and development of Islamic Legal System in Medieval India on 20/5/2015.
- Invited as Foreign Visiting Scholar/ Visiting Associate Professor at Osaka University. Delivered four student Seminar on Colonial Encounter and Modernization of Law in India on 27/5/2015.
- Invited as Foreign Visiting Scholar/ Visiting Associate Professor at Osaka University. Delivered four student Seminar on Legislative and Constitutional Development in 19th and 20th Century India on 3/5/2015.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Published paper in International Research Journal of Social Science, Vol 2(2), 27-33, February (2013), ISSN 2319-3565 titled as "Mainstreaming Economic Empowerment of Women through State Govt. Scheme (Sakhi Mandal Scheme) in Kheda District India" co-authred with Dr. Kalpana Satija available online at www.isca.in
- Published paper in Book "Law Development and Socio Economic Policies: challenges in 21st Century India, Eastern Book Company, ISBN 93-5028723-4 2012. Paper titled as Contribution of Forensic Toxicology in Crime Investigation: past and Present, p. 255-267, co-authored with Dr. Thomas Mathew
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Legal History
- History of Medicines and Disease
- Primary Education
- Gender Equality and Women Empowerment
- Head of Student Welfare (Young Girls) since 2013
- Director Centre for Sports Law since its establishment i.e. 2009
- Working as Executive Member and Program Coordinator Alumni Association GNLU since 2009
- Convener Library Committee since 2012
- Member American Society of Legal History
- Working as Member of Exam Committee since 2012
- Working as Member Disciplinary Committee since 2012
- Worked as Scholarship and Awards Committee 2008-12
- Worked as Member of GNLU Publication2010-2012
- Worked as Member of Gender Sensitization Committee 2006-2012
- Worked as Member of Mess Committee 2009
- Worked as Convener Library Committee from 2008-2010.
- Worked as Resident faculty Warden from June to December 2006 Faculty Warden 2013
- Visiting Lecturer, Mahila Mahavidhyalaya, Baroda,India
- Founding member, Sudrashya Research Foundation, India
- Career Councillor, Career Quiz Education News Paper Baroda
- Vocational Faculty, Career Quiz Education News Paper Baroda
Guest Lectures :
- Invited as a Panelist in International Seminar on Sports and Media by WBNUJS Calcutta on 18 March 2017 and delivered lecture on Application of Article 18 of WADA Code to determine Antidoping Education Programme for Players.
- Invited as Resource Person at AICS &TC, the M. S. University, and Baroda to deliver series of lecture on Legal history from 25-28 November 2014.
- I have delivered 4 expert lectures on Ancient Indian Law on 25/11/2014.
- I have delivered 4 expert lectures on Crime and Punishments in Ancient India on 26/11/2014.
- I have delivered 4 expert lectures on Islamic Rule and its impact over the development of Indian Law during the Medieval Period on 27/11/2014.
- I have delivered 4 expert lectures on Development of Law During the East India Company on 28/11/2014.
- Invited As a Panelist in Special Legal Awareness Session for Women" on the occasion of International Women's' Day on 8th March, 2013 by Gender Sensitization Committee GNLU and delivered lecture on "Professionalism at work place" and "Unity to Strengthen Women Empowerment".
- Invited as Resource Person in One Day Workshop on History of Medicine on 23rd August 2013 organised by Post Graduate Department of Baroda Homeopathic College, Baroda, Gujarat, India.
- Invited as Panelist in one of the session in International Conference on Women Empowerment Miles to Go, GNLU Gandhinagar, India, 25 March 2012. Presented the paper on "Social Inclusion of Housewife".
- Delivered special lecture on "Law related to Ancestral Property in relation to Ancestral Rituals" to 2009 batch of GNLU students on January 2012.
- Invited to deliver Fulbright Guest Lecture on "Law as a Career" and "Life in a Law University." LST, Ahemedabad, India on 4 February 2012.
Research Projects / Article Papers
- Ongoing Research Assignments and Work Legal History Project I : In January 2012 GNLU Legal History Scholars' team underway is researching the History of Principal laws. The project entitled as "History and Evolution of Substantial and Procedural Laws: India, Asia and the World" was begun and nearly 36 principal Laws are covered and their history and present status is enclosed. By the end of 2014 the research will get over in form of a manuscript.
- Ongoing Research Assignments and Work Legal History Project II: "Mapping the Legal History of the Cities of India" began in July 2013 with the aim to develop an insight on diverse legal tradition and pattern within in India under Historical frame work. The project is an attempt to trace and preserve the regional legal history of India which has not recorded in historical text so far.
- Ongoing Research Assignments and Work: Working for the Establishment for First Legal History Museum of India
- Headed the Project titled as Study on Impact of BaLA (Building as Learning Aid) in State of Gujarat in 2012 "http://www.gujarat-education.gov.in/ssa/Images/4_BaLA%20_Report.pdf". Sarvasiksha Abhiyan part of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Researched as Co- Author for Human Development Report of Kheda District contributed two Chapters titled as "Gender and Social Security" and "Social Justice Sustainability and Women Empowerment". The report is submitted to Gujarat Government and from there to UNDP
- Worked as Research Associate in the project of Sarvashiksha Abhiyan
- Worked as Moderator in International Conference on Indian History, Civilization and Geopolitics- ICIH 2009 organized by Indic
- Studies Foundation & Akhila Bhaarateeya Itihaasa Sankalana Yojanaa ,Imdian International Centre, New Delhi, 9 to 11 January 2009.
Teaching / Academic Experience :
- U.G. 8 Years,
- P.G. 2 years
Awards Received / Achievements :
- Contributed in making GNLU the Research Agency for Elementary Education
- Founded first university based Centre for Sports Law in India
- For employee welfare established Day Care Centre(cre'che )
- For staff created Recreation Halls
- For students created Hobby Centre
Other Accomplishments :
- Contributed in designing the Course for M.D. (Hom)- General Subject Paper III, titled as History of Medicine, Scientific Methodology, including research Methodology and statistics.
- Since 2012 taking special lectures and workshops in Post Graduate Department of Baroda Homeopathic Medical College, Baroda Gujarat on various topics under 'History of Medicines'.
- The general notion among the Law scholars is legal system of India modernised during the British rule. Ms. Richa has "vision to make Students of Law to feel pride over their own legal Heritage. She firmly believes that Indian Legal System have its ideological roots in Indian antiquities also. She is determined to establish Legacy of Indian indigenous Law all over the world. Being novice of history firmly consider that by knowing past in batter way one can provide a rational solution to current social, political and legislative problems. With this contemplation visualize the endorsement of importance of historical studies and ancillary approach of history and Law".
- In computer education, excelled in M.S. Office and WEB designing
Last Updated : 17-04-2017