Aggarwal Vipin(M.B.A., L.L.B, H.B.Sc.)
Professor - GNLU - GUJCOST IPR Chair Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) - 9711880096
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Moderated the session on "Patents and New Technologies" at the International Conference on INNOVATION FOR SHARED PROSPERITY, organized by JIRICO, O.P. Jindal Global University, from Aug. 19 - 21st, 2016 at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.
- Attended a two day conference titled Open Sesame: Unlocking IP To Unleash The Commons at National Law School (NLS) Bangalore, on 28th & 29th May, 2016.
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Identifying areas where IPR laws are not functioning well and researching ways to make the existing laws more effective.
- Identifying areas where we are lacking laws and reviewing various ways to effectively close that gap (i.e. Trade Secret legislation)
- Various aspects of IPR from a practical point of view.
- I am currently a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC)
Work Experience :
- 2012 - 2015 Senior Attorney and Director - Intellectual Property (Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT)) India Country Chair for BSA (www.bsa.org)
- 2008 - 2012 Vice-President - Global Data Privacy and Intellectual Property (GENPACT (NYSE: G))
- 2007 - 2008 Senior Legal Counsel - Intellectual Property (Wi-LAN Inc. (TSE: WIN)
- 2005 - 2007 Legal Counsel - Intellectual Property (SMART Technologies (Nasdaq: SMT)
- 2003 - 2004 Director of Intellectual Property (Spielo Manufacturing)
- 2001 - 2003 Manager of Patent Development (Semiconductor Insights)
- 1999 - 2001 Nortel Networks (Intellectual Property Law Group - Advisor, Patents) Telecommunications Industry (BCE affiliates - Bell Canada / SRCI / Nortel Networks)
- 1997 - 1999 Stentor Resource Centre Inc. (SRCI) (Alliance Strategy, Intellectual Property & Legal Services) Telecommunications Industry (BCE affiliates - Bell Canada / SRCI / Nortel Networks)
- 1985 - 1997 Bell Canada - Various positions (Computer Programmer, Analyst, etc.)Telecommunications Industry (BCE affiliates - Bell Canada / SRCI / Nortel Networks)
- 1982 - 1987 Entrepreneur - Student Painters
Last Updated : 01-09-2016