Gori Saira(PhD (Law), LLM)
Dean Training & Assistant Professor of Law Phone : (+91) - 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - 79-23276613
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Contributed in the capacity of Organizing Committee Faculty Member for the International Conference on Law & Economics 2015 jointly organized Gujarat National Law university, Gandhinagar, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad & Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur on 14-15 March 2015.
- Participate & Presented Paper titled "Climate Change policy and Sustainable Water Resources Management" in 4th National Seminar on Environment and ecology: Contemporary Issues, Challenges and Future Perspective organized by Geeta Institute Of Law (Affiliated to Kurukshetra University &approved by BCI) Panipat on 29th November, 2014.
- Participate and Paper presented titled "Cyber Crime & its Impact on the Global Economy" in International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technological Change: A Global Perspective (MITCAGP-2014) organized by Aishwarya College of Education Santhan, Udaipur (Rajasthan) on 21-22 November 2014.
- Participate and presented paper in International Conference on "Strengthening Climate Justice Initiatives: Livelihood Challenges at Local Level with A focus on Farmers" jointly organized by Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad & National Council for Climate Change, Sustainable development and Public Leadership, Ahmedabad on 8-9 November, 2014.
- Co-chaired Track 5 during 3rd International Conference on "Law, Society and Sustainable Development: Problems and Prospects" held at ILNU on February 17-18 2014.
Paper(s) Presented :
- Paper presented titled "Corporate social responsibility and sustainable development" in International Conference on "Law, Society and Sustainable Development: Problems and Prospects" held at ILNU on January 18, 2014.
- Paper presented titled "Tender of pardon to an accomplice-A critical analysis of Sec.306& 307 of Cr.P.C" in Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar College of Law, Nagpur on 23/02/1999.
- Paper presented titled "Dispute Settlement Machinery Under Industrial Dispute Act,1947" at Post Graduate Teaching Department of Law, Nagpur on 15/02/2002.
- Paper presented titled "Right To Information Act and Private Financial Corporations" in Faculty Paper Presentation Series organized by Dr.Ambedkar College Of Law, Nagpur on 25/06/2007.
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
Training Programme(s) Attended :
- Completion of Orientation program which was conducted by Gujarat University, Ahmedabad from 30th May - 26th June 2016 (28 days).
- Induction programme for newly recruited faculties 28 -29 June, 2013 : Institute of Law Nirma University hosts an induction training program for newly recruited faculty . The orientation program was conducted for 2 days.
- 1st workshop of RWS for faculty members of IL-NU was organized on August 30, 2013. The areas of workshop were: (1) Legal Research Models (2) Relevant methodology for each Model Prof. Vidyut Joshi and Prof. (Dr.) Purvi Pokhariyal delivered expert lectures during the session.
- 2nd workshop of RWS for faculty members of IL-NU was organized on September 12, 2013. The area covered in the workshop were: 1) Legal Research Trends 2) Ethical Issues in Research Prof. Vidyut Joshi and Prof. (Dr.) Purvi Pokhariyal delivered expert lectures during the session.
- 3rd workshop of RWS for faculty members of IL-NU was organized on September 21, 2013. The areas of workshop were:
- 1. Scientific Temperament 2. Research Design Prof. Vidyut Joshi delivered an expert lecture during the session
- A Training Program on MOODLE (Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment): A Training Program for use of MOODLE as a part of Faculty Enrichment Programme was held on December 26, 2013 for the benefit of ILNU Faculty members. Moodle is an open-source online learning software (course management system) designed to help educators create quality online courses and manage learner outcomes. It equips Faculty members to create online courses, develop assessment components such as quizzes, multiple choice questions etc and also allows for student assignment submissions. The training was conducted by Prof. Gaurang Raval, Institute of Technology, Nirma University.
- Brainstorming Session for ILNU Faculty : A Brainstorming sessions on 'Enhancement of Research Aptitude' were conducted separately for Non-Law and Law Faculty members on 5 & 9 December, 2013 respectively by Prof. Vidyut Joshi.
- FACULTY ENRICHMENT PROGRAMME: OUTBOUND TRAINING PROGRAMME: A Faculty Enrichment Program was organized from the 26th of December to the 3rd of January, 2014 and it covered topics like Moodle training, Faculty research plan, course planning, clinical approach, industry involvement in teaching and learning, use of ICT in teaching and learning and use of online databases for effective teaching and research.
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Participate the One Week Faculty Development program organized by Gujarat National Law University from 2nd - 7th November 2015.
- Attended Faculty Development Program which was organized by Nirma Institute of Law from the 20 to 25 of January, 2014. Sessions were taken by eminent academicians from the field of law.
- Dr V.Vijayakumar, Professor, National Law School, Bangalore took a session on Teaching Law- Pedagogy, tools and techniques.
- Prof Krishnamurthy, Ex Prof and Head, HR Department, Charottar University, Changa took a session on Student Engagement.
- Prof Vidyut Joshi, explained how to use an integrated approach to enhance the effectiveness of teaching learning process.
- Prof Purvi Pokhariyal, Director Institute of Law conducted a group exercise on course planning.
- Prof H.C.Dholakia, Ex Dean, Faculty of Law,M.S University, gave a detailed insight on clinical legal education.
- Shri D.P.Chhaya, Director, General and Academic Administration, gave a wonderful understanding on learning to learn through various real life stories and anecdotes.
- Prof Ghayur Alam, MHRD Chair professor, National law School, Bhopal used a case to explain how case method of teaching can be effectively used in law education.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- "Health and Sustainable Development- Need for Inter Sectoral Action." Journal of Development Management and Communication 1 (3): page no.241-249. (ISSN: 2348-7739)
- "The National Action Plan of Climate Change and Sustainable Water Resources Management". International Journal of Development Research (ISSN: 2230-9926), Vol. 4, Issue, 12, pp. 2821-2827.
- "Cyber Crime & its Impact on the Global Economy" in International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technological Change: International Journal of Law and Legal Jurisprudence Studies (ISSN: 2348-8212), Vol. 1, Issue, 8.
- "Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development" Shrinkhala (ISSN:2321- 290X) Vol. 2, Issue. 2.
- Review article "Health and Sustainable Development- Need for Inter Sectoral Action" Journal of development management and communication Volume 1 , No.3, July-September, 2014,[ISSN: 2348-7739]
- Review Article titled: "Globalization of Economy and the Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Sustainable Growth: An Indian Perspective" in International Journal of Development Research, Vol. 5, Issue, 03, pp. 3908-3912, March, 2015, ISSN: 2230-9926.
- Institute of Development Management, Jaipur in their quarterly Journal of Development Management and Communication published Article titled "Health and Sustainable Development- Need for Inter Sectoral Action" in July-September 2014 Issue which focused on the theme of Health issues and Development, Volume 1 , No.3, July-September, 2014,[ISSN: 2348-7739]
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Constitutional Law
- Administrative Law
- Media Law
- Property law
- Labour Law
Research Projects / Article Papers
- Participate and presented research article titled "Climate Change Policy and Sustainable Water Resources Management" in International Conference on "Strengthening Climate Justice Initiative: Livelihood Challenges at Local Level With a Focus on Farmers", November 8-9, 2014 Institute of Law Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
Teaching / Academic Experience :
- Assistant Professor of Law in Nirma Institute of Law, Ahmedabad from 17/6/2013 to 30/07/2014.
- Visiting faculty in Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar College of Law, Nagpur (Main Branch) from November 2003 to October 2008.
Work Experience :
- Industrial experience of 3 years i.e. Worked as a Officer-legal In HDFC Sales Ltd, Nagpur from May 2005 to October 2008.
- Enrolled as an advocate on the roll of the Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa on 21-09-1999.
- Worked as an Associate lawyer from June 2000 to June 2003 in the High Court of Nagpur, Central Administrative Tribunal at Nagpur with Shri Govind Mishra, Senior Standing Counsel, Central Govt.
Other Accomplishments :
- Delivered Special Expert Lecture Representing GNLU in Karai Academy i.e. 'One Day Seminar on Criminal Jurisprudence Discussion on Acquittal in Criminal Cases' organized jointly by Home Department, Gujarat State and CID, Crime, on 20th December, 2014 Saturday at Gujarat Police Academy, Karai.
- Nominated by GNLU appointed as a panel member for conducting the Interview of Law Officers in the Police Department scheduled on 20-21 October 2014 in Police Bhavan, Gandhinagar.
- Organised one day Training Programme for Legal & Recovery Cell of Housing development & Finance Corporation at Nagpur Branch on "THE SECURITISATION AND RECONSTRUCTION OF FINANCIAL ASSESTS AND ENFORCEMENT OF SECURITY INTEREST ACT, 2002"
- Participated in NLP Workshop i.e. Neuro Linguistic Programming organized by HDFC Ltd in Nagpur, The Workshop was conducted by Mr.Nandan Savnal, of People Sys Consulting Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, who is considered as a "Thought Leader" and is an internationally renowned Consultant, Coach for Senior Executives and Seminar Leaders. He is certified NLP trainer-NFNLP-USA.
- Participated in Moot court competitions at the College level and was member of Dr.Ambedkar College of Law, Legal Aid Clinic and participated in Legal Literacy Campaign organized under the aegis of Maharashtra State Legal Aid & Advice Board,Bombay.
- Member of the Organizing Committee of Justa Causa National Law Festival, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar College Of Law, Nagpur
- Member of Appeal Committee of Nirma University, Institute of law
Last Updated : 16-01-2017