- An eminent international tax expert, Mukesh Patel commands over three decades of professional excellence in the core areas of his specialization in personal and corporate tax planning, appellate matters, international taxation, joint ventures and collaborations and tax and investment planning for NRIs. He is a Director on the Board of a number of leading public companies, prominent among them being Zydus Cadila, Hitachi and Sandesh. He has also served as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Ahmedabad Stock Exchange.
Other Accomplishments :
- Having extensively travelled to over 75 countries across all the six continents, Mukesh has closely studied several major tax systems. He has served as the Standing Counsel of The Indo-Japanese Economic Co-operation Council, The Indo-American Chamber of Commerce and The International Forum of NRIs.
- In 1985, the international year of youth, he received the prestigious honour of being recognized as 'One of the Five Outstanding Young Professionals of the World.' He has also been conferred with the Honorary Life Membership of the International Tax Bar Association. In appreciation of his long standing services to the NRI community, he was felicitated with the 'Friend of NRIs Award' at the International NRI Convention at Chicago in 1997.
- Having devoted 28 years for teaching, he was actively associated as a Visiting Professor at the Gujarat Law Society and the reputed Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- A popular weekly columnist in the leading dailies 'Sandesh', 'The Times of India', 'Gujarat Samachar', 'Ahmedabad Mirror' and 'The New Indian Express', Mukesh has written a record number of over 3,000 articles in Gujarati and English during the past 35 years.
- His widely acclaimed annual publication in Gujarati, 'Practical Tax Planning & Ready Reckoner,' has been a best seller ever since its release in 1979. 'Smart Strategies for Tax Planning,' 'Practical Tax & Investment Planning,' 'Axe your Tax and Relax' and 'Tax Planning via Planning of Investments' are among the popular English book titles authored by him.
- He has addressed over 600 meetings on a wide range of subjects before various forums in India and abroad. His in-depth annual analysis of the Union Budget is keenly awaited and largely attended. He has not missed a single important town or city of Gujarat during over three decades of his Budget Yatra, which he has pursued with a missionary zeal. In association with the Times of India, Ahmedabad, he initiated an innovative media campaign of 'Budget Ho To Aisa' featuring the presentation of a model budget mirroring people's aspirations.
Last Updated : 23-08-2015