Parikh Hardik H.(PhD (Pursuing), LLM, LLB, B.Com, GSET)
Assistant Professor of Law & OSD to Registrar Phone : (+91) - 079-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) -
Fax : (+91) - +917878186624, +91-79-23276613
Email : email@example.com
Conferences/ Seminar Attended / Participation / Papers Presented :
Conference(s) Attended / Participated:
- Participated and presented a research paper on 'Economic Analysis of Pharmaceutical Patent Regime in India: A Study in light of Pre and Post TRIPS Regime' in 2nd International Conference on Law & Economics jointly organized by IIT, Kanpur, GNLU, Gandhinagar and IIM Ahmedabad, organized at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, on 3rd and 4th September 2016.
- Participated and Presented a research paper on 'Intellectual Property Crimes as an Emerging are of Criminal Justice system: Issues and Challenges' in the International Seminar on Criminal Justice System in India: Need for Systematic Changes organised by Raksha Shakti University, Ahmedabad on 29th and 30th July 2016
- Participated and Presented a paper on 'Protection of Intellectual Property Rights in Cyber Space: Study of Domain Names and Trademark Interface' in The Third National Conference on Law and Justice 2015 Organised by School of Law, AURO University, Surat on 10th and 11th October 2015.
- Participated in the Capacity Building Workshop on 'Role of Legal Stakeholders in Strengthening and the Implementation of the Biological Diversity Act with Special Focus on ABS Provisions' Organised by GNLU through the National Project on Access and Benefit Sharing under UNEP-GEF-MoEF with the cooperation of NBA and in partnership with GBB on 16th May 2015 at GNLU
- Presented a paper on 'Intellectual Property Rights approach for Human Rights Protection of Indigenous Community: A Study with reference to the Traditional Knowledge Protection' in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on 'Human Rights and Duty Education: Issues and Challenges from International and National Perspective' Organised by University School of Law and Department of Philosophy & Psychology on 21st and 22nd March 2015.
- Participated as Organizing Committee Faculty Member in "International Conference on Law & Economics" jointly organized by GNLU, IIMA and IITK in Gandhinagar on 14 - 15 March, 2015.
- Presented a research paper entitled 'A New dimension of Copyright Law in 21st Century: A Study with reference to the Copyright (Amendment) Act 2012' at two days UGC sponsored National Seminar on "New Dimension of Law in 21st Century" organized by School of Law, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad on 17th and 18th January 2015.
- Presented a research paper entitled 'Relationship between Human Rights and Intellectual Property Law: A Study in light of Traditional Knowledge' at the International Conference on Contemporary Issues and Challenges of Human Rights in the Era of Globalization organized by Gujarat Law Society, Ahmedabad on 2nd and 3rd August 2014.
- Presented a research paper on 'Scope of Enhancement in the Standards of Legal Education in India with Reference to the Role of Teachers' in One Day National Seminar on Enhancing the Standards of Legal Education: The Role and Responsibilities of Stakeholders at Ahmedabad on 20th October 2013.
- Presented a research paper on 'Woman Empowerment in India with special reference to Judicial Activism' in One Day National Seminar on Evolution and Evaluation of Women Empowerment: 21st Century Prospective at Ahmedabad on 8th March 2013.
- Presented a research paper on 'Accountability of an Advocate: The need of the hour in the legal services' in 3rd Annual National Conference on Vision 2020: Future of Law and Legal Transformation organized by Institute of Law, Nirma University on 24th & 25th January 2013.
- Presented a research paper on 'Surrogate Motherhood & Women Rights: Its High Time for Legal Intervention' in One day National Seminar on Law and Challenges in 21st Century: Special Reference to Women at Ahmedabad on 20th January 2013.
- Attended a symposium on 'Global Economic Climate - Focusing on India' organized by Institute of Law, Nirma University on 10th February 2013.
- Attended One day International Conference on SYMBOLS AND THEORIES OF WORLD DEMOCRACIES AND WORLD CULTURE On 30th December 2012 organized by Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan, Ahmedabad Kendra.
- Attended One day "First Gujarat Law Colleges Conference on Constitutional Law" organized jointly by Commissionerate of Higher Education, Education Department, Govt. of Gujarat and Gujarat National Law University on 26th February 2012.
- Presented a research paper on 'Relation of Human Rights and Intellectual Property Rights' in Two Days UGC National Seminar on Human Rights in Emerging Area and Value Education at Ahmedabad on 8th & 9th October 2011.
- Attended One day Human Resource Summit - A Seminar on Contemporary Issues in Human Relations organized by Institute of Business Management and Research, Ahmedabad and NHRD Network (Ahmedabad Chapter) on 17th April 2010.
- Participated in One day seminar on Intellectual Property Rights organized by GUJCOST - IPR Cell, Gujarat University and Gujarat University Botanical Society on 13th December 2008
Training Programme / Workshop / Short-term courses :
Training Programme(s) Attended :
- Two Days programme '8th Annual Intellectual Property Summit 2015 Towards an Intellectual Era' conducted by Ahmedabad Management Association on 9th and 10th January 2015.
- Organised a one day brain storming session on 4th April 2014 on 'Changing Facets of Intellectual Property protection in Software Industries' on two sub themes: (1) Software Patents Protection: Need of the Hour and (2) Intellectual Property Enforcement with Special Reference to Software Piracy in presence of two experts Mr. Nitin Bawsay Executive Vice President, Priya Softweb Solutions Pvt. Ltd, Ahmedabad Mr. Ashish Jha Advocate, Gujarat High Court.
- Two Days programme '7th Annual Intellectual Property Summit 2014 Towards an Intellectual Era' conducted by Ahmedabad Management Association on 10th and 11th January 2014.
- Two Days programme on 6th Annual Intellectual Property Summit 2013 conducted by Ahmedabad Management Association on 26th and 27th January 2013.
- Attended Two Week Induction Training Programme for Faculty Members organized by Institute of Technology, Nirma University from May 7 to May 19, 2012
- Two Days programme on 5th Annual Intellectual Property Summit 2012 conducted by Ahmedabad Management Association on 7th and 8th January 2012
- Training Programme on Negotiable Instruments organized by Gujarat National Law University and Bar Council of Gujarat on October 2009
WorkShop Attended / Short-Term Courses :
- Organised a 'Certificate Course on Intellectual Property Rights with special Focus on Copyrights and Trademarks' as a principal course coordinator from 21st to 25th January 2016 at GNLU and took 15 hours lectures in the course.
Publication(s) / Book(s) :
Publication / Books:
- Published an article on 'Protection of Geographical Indications: A new form of Intellectual Property Regime' in Sambodh magazine, Volume V, Academic Year 2015 - 2016, Published by Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan's Harilal Bhagvati Institute of Communication and Mangement, Khanpur, Ahmedabad
- Published a research paper on 'Protection of Intellectual Property Rights in Cyber Space: Study of Domain Names and Trademark Interface' in 'Conference Proceedings' of The Third National Conference on Law and Justice 2015 Organised by School of Law, AURO University, Surat on 10th and 11th October 2015, ISBN: 13: 978-81-928189-6-2.
- Published a research paper on 'A New dimension of Copyright Law in 21st Century: A Study with reference to the Copyright (Amendment) Act 2012' in 'Vidya', A Special Issue on New Dimensions of Law in 21st Century, A Journal of the Gujarat University, ISSN: 2321 - 1520, March 2015.
- Published an article on 'Requirement of good relationship between Police and People' in 'MANTHAN', a magazine published by C.I.D. Crime, Gandhinagar under their program named 'SURAXA SETU' by Home Department, Gujarat.
- Published an article on 'Concept of Copyright and Educational Institutions' in Sambodh Magazine, Volume IV, Academic Year 2015-2015, Published by Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavans' Harilal Bhagvati Institute of Communication and Management, Ahmedabad.
- Published Research Paper on 'Protection of Traditional Knowledge: A burning question in Current Intellectual Property Rights regime' in International Journal of Education for Human Services, Vol. 4 No. 2 June, 2014, ISSN: 0976-1128.
- Published an article on 'Protection of Traditional Knowledge through Intellectual Property Laws: Need of the Hour' in Sambodh Magazine, Volume III, Academic Year 2013 - 2014, Published by Bhavan's Harilal Bhagawati Institute of Communication & Management, Ahmedabad.
- Published an article on 'Surrogacy Motherhood: A new challenge to the Legal Structure of India' in Sambodh Magazine, Volume II, Academic Year 2012 - 2013, Published by Bhavan's Harilal Bhagawati Institute of Communication & Management, Ahmedabad.
- Published an article on 'Importance of Legal Education in Professional Courses' in Sambodh Magazine, Volume I, Academic Year 2011 - 2012, Published by Bhavan's Harilal Bhagawati Institute of Communication & Management, Ahmedabad.
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Intellectual Property Law
- Business Law
- Constitutional Law
- Nominated as a member in the Committee for evolving the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy for Central University of Gujarat.
Guest Lectures :
- Invited as a speaker for 'IT Act 2000 and its amendments' at Computer Science and Engineering Department, Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad on 22 April 2016.
- Participated as a Speaker and delivered a speech on 'Legal Education in a Globalized World: Striking balance between Regulatory Authorities and Aspirations of Students' in All India Seminar on Global Legal Education, organized by Confederation of Indian Bar in association with Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) University, Bhubaneshwar on 8th to 10th August 2015.
- Delivered Lectures as resource person in Common Law Admission Test - 2015 Guidance & Preparation Assistance Programme April - May 2015 at GNLU for sponsored tribal aspirants from Tribal Development Department, Government of Gujarat.
- Delivered a Lecture on Case of Arneshkumar v. State of Bihar in One Day workshop on 'Acquittal in Criminal Cases: For Investigating Officers and Public Prosecutors' jointly organized by the Home Department, Gujarat State and CID Crime on 20th December 2014 at Gujarat Police Academy, Karai, Gandhinagar.
- Delivered a lecture on 'Right to Information Act 2005: Its impacts and importance' in a seminar organized by Rotaract Club of Ahmedabad - Vasna on 29th September 2013.
- Delivered a lecture on 'Marriage, Family Laws and Society' in the Guest Lecture Series organized by Department of Sociology, S.L.U. Arts and H. P. Thakore Commerce College for Women at Ahmedabad on 15th October 2012.
- Delivered lectures on subject Law in SANDHAN (Live Television Lecture Series: BISAG), organized by Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat, Department of Education, Government of Gujarat, Gandhinagar on 22nd and 29th November 2011.
- Delivered a lecture on 'Equal Remuneration Act and Bonus Act' in an Interdisciplinary National Workshop on Empowering Youth through Law organized jointly by S.L.U. Arts and H&P Thakore Commerce College for Women and International Women's Wing, Vishwa Gujarati Samaj at Ahmedabad on 17th September 2011
Teaching / Academic Experience :
- Served as Assistant Professor of Law at Institute of Law, Nirma University for 1 Year 5 Months 10 Days
- Worked as a Visiting Faculty in Various Colleges of Ahmedabad from October 2008 to December 2011
Awards Received / Achievements :
- Secured University First Rank in First Year LL.B and Awarded Gold Medal by Gujarat University on 12th March 2006
- Secured Third Rank in LL.M (IPR) Examination conducted by Gujarat University in May 2009
Other Accomplishments :
- Taken Part in various competitions including debates, elocution, extempore, and won prizes in Youth Festival organized by Gujarat University during LL.B and LL.M.
- Achieved NCC 'C' Certificate in 2004.
Personal/Family Details :
- Married to Mansi Parikh and she is a Qualified Pharmacist working with Sharda Eye Hospital, Gurukul, Ahmedabad.
- I have a Younger Brother who is a Mechanical Engineer.
Last Updated : 15-09-2016