The Centre was established in 2008, sincere thanks to the generous interest of dynamic Director of GNLU Dr. Bimal N Patel in area of Financial Law & Restructuring. The centre wishes to reinforce its belief that an independent academic centre, committed to excellence can play an important role in bringing industry, civil society, governments and other stakeholders together to design and implement strategies to achieve success in development of financial literacy & development of modern legal education and making it sustainable. The center was formerly known as center for banking, investment & corporate laws.
The primary objective of the GCBIT is to promote interest in Financial Laws as an academic discipline as well as promote it as a career option within the student community of GNLU. Core activities of Centre include publication of investment and law related newsletters, magazines, guidebooks and journals. The target group should not be restricted to students alone. Bankers, professionals in the field of finance, corporate law faculties, portfolio managers, the Judiciary, law officers of companies, partners of law firms and advocates should also be encouraged to undertake research in the field of banking, corporate and financial laws. As an incentive for research, a scholarship may be provided to a research scholar.
Regular seminars, symposiums distance courses and workshops involving students, bankers, advocates, members of Judiciary and other related professionals should be organized to facilitate discussion on contemporary issues relating to the said domain of law.
- To promote interest in Financial Laws as an academic discipline as well as a career option.
- To acts as a facilitator for intellectual debates on the said domain of law by regularly arranging for symposiums, seminars and workshops.
- To inculcate the stock market interpretations and the market value predictions to better understand the financial laws.
- To assimilate acumen of practitioners with the theories of academics to generate new insights into the investment opportunities and responsibilities that challenge institutions and individuals.
- Seeks to increase financial literacy for better understanding of the financial market.
- To provide continuous guidance and counselling to students regarding careers
- To facilitate assistance for recruitment interviews, summer internships and final job placements.
- To organize competition and conference of national and international stature.
The success of every endeavour is dependent upon host of factors like infrastructure viz; physical, intellectual and financial. However in this case, the most important factor is the relevancy of the topics needs to be taken up for research, as any form of intellectual meandering will definitely will ensure the demise of the endeavor. In a competitive market economy, a research should ultimately benefit the end user otherwise it would be difficult to justify the economics involved in the endeavour over a period of time.
- Organized Diploma course in Financial Markets & Regulation, 2014
- Organized Seminar on "Legal Careers in Financial Markets" in association with BSE, Mumbai & IIFS, Ahmadabad on 21st July, 2014.
- Organized GNLU Summer School Certificate on Cyber Laws and Security Taxation in Collaboration with CLS-Cyberra Legal Services, Ahmadabad from 20th -30th June, 2013.
- Organised Winter School Certificate Program on Cyber Law & Cyber Security in collaboration with CLS, Ahmadabad from 6th -15th December, 2012
- Organized Conference on "International Banking & Finance: Issues, Challenges & Solutions on 22 July, 2012. Deliberating or Guessing Far-Sighted Solutions of the Emerging International Banking and Investment Issues and Challenges – Is this Realistic?
- Organized Training workshop on "Investment in Financial Market" in collaboration with Share Khan on Investment in Financial Market on 13th April, 2012
- Organized First intra-university business and law quiz competition in March, 2012
- To conduct a National level essay competition in the area of banking and investment Laws.
- State level quiz competition in the area of Banking Investment and Taxation Laws
- To Organize a seminar/workshop on SARFAESI Act, 2002
- In House Publication on Banking Law
- Ms. Garima Goswami, Assistant Professor of Law
- Mr. Divya Tyagi, Assistant Professor of Law
- Ms. Anu Mishra (Teaching and Research Assistant)
Last Updated : 07-04-2017