GNLU Centre for Intellectual Property Rights was established in January 2016 with an aim to promote research, extension and training in the field of intellectual property rights of India. Intellectual Property Rights and their related laws are still a developing field in the country, but its reach and importance simply cannot be ignored.
Intellectual property now touches several types of industries and businesses, ranging from pharmaceutical industry to Bollywood, and not to forget, even small-time innovators.
With the aim and vision to incentivize innovative and cutting-edge academic research in the field of IP Laws, and conducting various training and extension activities for creating more awareness in the field of IP laws, GNLU has established Centre for Intellectual Property Rights. Centre activities are undertaken under the able guidance of Dr. Nidhi Buch, Assistant Professor of Law; Mr. Hardik Parikh, Assistant Professor of Law; and Mr. Shrut Brahmbhatt, Research Associate (GNLU-GUJCOST IPR Chair) along with a group of 3rd, 4th and 5th year undergraduate law students.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- To familiarize all stakeholders with the importance of Intellectual Property Laws in today’s technology driven Society and provide them a platform for interaction.
- To provide an insight at how Intellectual Property Laws are essential
- To provide forum for discussion and debate in the field of Intellectual Property Laws to students and academicians, and to undertake academic research and study to suggest improvements in various laws, bills and government policies.
- To Initiate, plan, implement, and follow-up research activities in the field of IPR laws, in collaboration with national and international stakeholders, such as law firms, corporate and governmental departments, PSUs, judicial officers, educational institutes etc
- To collaborate with primer Institutes across the world in organizing Certificate Course, Seminars and Conferences for the benefit of students and academicians.
- To disseminate our suggestions and findings through publications.
- To establish Gujarat National Law University as a nodal agency for qualitative teaching, research, training and extension in the field of Intellectual Property Rights.
- To conduct various training, extension and outreach activities for creation of awareness and dissemination of knowledge of IP laws, policies, practices, through a multi-disciplinary approach.
- To provide assistance in terms of legal research and advice to government on various IPR conventions and various national and international laws, etc.
- To promote teaching and research on IP laws and related branches.
- To provide high quality and exclusive legal research both of doctrinal and empirical by nature in the field of IPR.
- To prepare study materials, including policy papers on a pro bono or sponsorship basis.
The Centre has been allotted two Chairs namely:
- Microsoft India Chair on Intellectual Property Rights
- GNLU-GUJCOST Research Centre of Excellence on IPR Laws, Policies and Practices
The GNLU Centre for Intellectual Property Rights along with the two chairs works to achieve the objectives of the Chair & the Centre.
FORTH COMING ACTIVITIES OF THE YEAR 2016-17:
- Essay Competition - 2016-17.
- Workshop on 'Intellectual Property Laws for the Traditional and Internet Based Businesses' – 27th July 2016.
- Conference on 'Recent Trends of IPR' – October -November 2016.
- Empirical research on GI Protection in Gujarat – August 2016.
- Creation and maintenance of Blog – September-October 2016.
- Assistance & Consultancy and conduction of introductory sessions/foundation courses on IP for the students of Premier institutes – August 2016.
- Enrichment of Library resources – July-December 2016.
- Dr. Nidhi Buch, Associate Professor of Law & Centre Director, GNLU Centre of Intellectual Property Rights;
- Mr. Hardik Parikh, Assistant Professor of Law, GNLU;
- Mr. Shrut Brahmbhatt, Research Associate, GNLU-GUJCOST IPR Chair.
- Mr. Aamer Shah, Student, GNLU;
- Mr. Ambrish Tewari, Student, GNLU;
- Ms. Anushka Shah, Student, GNLU;
- Mr. Armaan Gupta, Student, GNLU;
- Mr. Ayush Jain, Student, GNLU;
- Mr. Devarsh Kotak, Student, GNLU;
- Mr. Jayaditya Mallik, Student, GNLU;
- Mr. Kunal Gopal, Student, GNLU;
- Ms. Mahika Pavithran, Student, GNLU;
- Mr. Muizz Drahu, Student, GNLU;
- Mr. Parth Oberoi, Student, GNLU;
- Mr. Rushal Shah, Student, GNLU;
- Ms. Shageri Ray, Student, GNLU;
- Ms. Shefali Mehta, Student, GNLU;
- Mr. Shivdutt Trivedi, Student, GNLU;
- Ms. Vaishali Movva, Student, GNLU.
Last Updated : 10-11-2016