A nation's socio-economic development largely depends on its Public & Business Policies (P&BPs). Policies framed by the government play a vital role in paving the path for sustainable & equitable growth of the nation. Public policies need to provide fair and just opportunities to masses for upliftment of their socio-economic status. Corporate houses need to frame business policies within the broad framework of public policies, taking into consideration the larger interest of the society.
There is a need for effective, efficient, reliable and sustainable public and business policies. Hence it becomes imperative for government, policy makers, academia, industry associations, business enterprises and civil society to come together and deliberate on these policy issues.
To pursue interdisciplinary research in the field of business management, public policy and law with focus to create and disseminate scholarly knowledge in these fields that facilitate corporates, policy makers, government, academicians, small and medium enterprises and non-profit organizations at a national and international level.
- To undertake cutting edge interdisciplinary research in the field of Business, Public Policy and law to provide insights in the form of policy recommendations that create an enabling environment to overcome real world issues and challenges faced by policy makers at large.
- To engage in research on issues related to international business, international organizations, multilateral and bilateral trade.
- To bring out regular publications on the contemporary themes of business management, public policy and law in the form of white papers, working papers and research publications.
- To provide policy advisory services through consulting assignments to various stakeholders.
- To organize training sessions to impart required knowledge of various dimensions of business, public policy and law to the stakeholders such as government agencies, Public Sector Undertakings, rural and urban local bodies, company executives and students at large.
- To organize workshops, seminars and conferences on contemporary issues regarding business and public policy that facilitates interaction among government, policy makers, academia, and civil society and business sectors.
- To offer value added courses on the abovementioned areas to various stakeholders.
Forthcoming activities for the year 2015-16:
To come up with special publication on Corporate Governance theme
1. Certificate Course on Forensic accounting
2. Certificate Course on Quantitative techniques
To organize panel discussion on any contemporary issue
To organize training program for Senior officers of PSUs on Law and Management
To scale up the Course on Contract and Procurement Management for working executives as and MDP program
To organize business plan competition for establishing law firm for GNLU students.
Free business plan resources:
- Dr. Viral M Pandya, Associate Professor of Management
- Mr. Satya Ranjan Mishra, Assistant Professor of Commerce
- Mr. Mahesh Chaudhary, Assistant Professor of Management
- Mr. Mobin Shaikh, Assistant Professor of Commerce
- Mr. Tarun, Teaching and Research Associate
- Mr. Tejendra Meena, Teaching and Research Associate
Last Updated : 13-04-2017